Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Saving an image to a network location? (Read 4380 times)
suri
Ex Member

Saving an image to a network location?
Feb 18th, 2007 at 5:59pm

I'm upgrading my laptop's HD and need to get an img onto my desktop via the LAN, but I have pretty much no idea what I'm doing. I have Ghost 8, but I don't know how to set the save path to anything aside from the floppy or CD drive (and it's a 40GB drive, so I'm not burning 50+ CDs). I've tried Googling and got nothing. Do I need a different version of Ghost entirely or something?

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Saving an image to a network location?
Reply #1 - Feb 18th, 2007 at 9:23pm

I don't know how to do this from DOS but it can be done easily from BartPE using the Ghost 8 plugin.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Saving an image to a network location?
Reply #2 - Feb 19th, 2007 at 12:09am

suri

If you only have the *ghost.exe* program--but not the whole Ghost 8.x Windows suite--then I'm not sure how to advise you.

The Ghost 8.x suite and the retail version, Ghost 2003, have a Ghost Boot Wizard that creates bootable floppy disks that can be for simple network peer-to-peer connections between two computers sharing a LAN--basically loads the needed DOS NIC drivers for each booted machine so they can communicate--or the floppy boot disk can be made to *map* a server from the client that's being booted--but you need that Boot Wizard--and the User Guide to take you through the steps--and even then it's difficult to follow the steps because the terminology and relationships are unfamiliar territory for most--including me!

Here's a reference for Ghost 8.2 User Guides--the
*Symantec Ghost 8.2 Implementation Guide*
has a section on creating boot disks using the Boot Wizard on page 237.

Symantec Ghost Solution Suite 1.0 Product Manuals

You might be able to build a non-Ghost DOS boot disk from this site, and then use your Ghost 8 once booted to DOS:

Homepage--Universal TCP/IP Network Bootdisk

Tipical Usage Examples

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print