Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need help modifying .iso file. (Read 2418 times)
MikeHawthorne
Gnarly

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Need help modifying .iso file.
Feb 19th, 2007 at 6:01pm

Hi

I'm not getting any response from Symantec so I'm trying to do this on my own.

I have figured out how to open the .iso file that I got from Symantec and reconstitute it back into a new .iso file using winimage.  As far as I can see the only thing that stops my disk from booting is the missing driver listed below.

The following devices do not have drivers in the Symantec Recovery Disk.
NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

A detailed information about these devices is given below
Class: Net
Class Guid: {4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Description: NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller
Hardware Id: {1a3e09be-1e45-494b-9174-d7385b45bbf5}\NVNET_DEV0057
----------------------------------

Can anyone tell me or point me to a link that would tell me how to find this driver on my computer and where to put it in the structure of the .iso file?

If I can find the driver I think that I can create an .iso file that will boot my computer.

Mike

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Need help modifying .iso file.
Reply #1 - Feb 20th, 2007 at 1:50pm

MikeHawthorne wrote on Feb 19th, 2007 at 6:01pm:
Can anyone tell me or point me to a link that would tell me how to find this driver on my computer and where to put it in the structure of the .iso file?

Mike, I wouldn't know where to start. I don't think you can inject files into an .iso file with WinImage.

Did you try to contact Symantec this way?

Quote:
Hello,

I had to contact Symantec's online support via a technician through online chat. I got a new CD image (ISO) from them to burn and use. Apparently the Norton Ghost 10 CD or program has a problem with nVidia nForce 4 driver's. Specifically the network controller or driver. The new ISO image works perfectly. My only complaint is the CD takes a long time to load or boot off of. Other than that, no problems. Thank you for your help. You are all a bunch of nice knowledgeable guys.

Thank you,

Alissa

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print