Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
LAST CHANCE ?: Norton Ghost 2003 - Build 793 CD (Read 36423 times)
NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: LAST CHANCE ?: Norton Ghost 2003 - Build 793 C
Reply #15 - Apr 5th, 2007 at 11:57pm

nbree

Quote:
I suppose getting fired would make my life better, in that I wouldn't have constant stress-induced chest pain any more.

Gotta love the corporate environment!  Does wonders for the *soul*!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

nbree
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Apr 6th, 2007 at 2:22am

NightOwl wrote on Apr 5th, 2007 at 11:57pm:
Gotta love the corporate environment!  Does wonders for the *soul*!

Actually, working for Symantec has in the main been all-around pretty fantastic; our remoteness meant we basically kept on being a small start-up, but with some of the benefits that come from having corporate muscle. If you had shown me a book like Danger! Quicksand! in 2003 I wouldn't have recognised what it described.

`

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Reply #17 - Apr 6th, 2007 at 8:51am

nbree

So you were *just kidding* (at least to some extent) about the *chest pain*  Wink --well, that's a good thing!

Thanks for that link to *Danger! Quicksand*--I'm going to read that!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Pleonasm
Übermensch

Reply #18 - Apr 6th, 2007 at 10:39am

I can at least understand why Symantec might not want to sell Ghost Solution Suite 2.0 licenses to individual consumers, but what I still find surprising is Symantec’s decision to discontinue the sale of Ghost 2003 (as it increasingly appears to be the case).

Since enhancements to and support of Ghost 2003 have been discontinued, there is no cost to Symantec for making this product available for purchase as a download from their website.  In fact, each and every sale of Ghost 2003 would represent 100% profit.  From a business perspective, what’s the downside?

ple • o • nasm n. “The use of more words than are required to express an idea”

IP Logged

El_Pescador
Übermensch

Thumbs Up!

Bayou Country, USA

Reply #19 - Apr 6th, 2007 at 11:02am

Pleonasm wrote on Apr 6th, 2007 at 10:39am:
"... Since enhancements to and support of Ghost 2003 have been discontinued, there is no cost to Symantec for making this product available for purchase as a download from their website..."

Allow me to 'weasel' a wee bit from my previous notion back upstream, and propose that Symantec simply keep on calling the product Norton Ghost 2003 while reinstituting the LiveUpdate process so as to incorporate modernizing elements from the Symantec Ghost Solution Suite n.n series providing such does not hobble users of WIN 98SE, WIN Me, and WIN 2000/WIN 2000 Pro.

EP
Cry

IP Logged

nbree
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Apr 6th, 2007 at 4:27pm

NightOwl wrote on Apr 6th, 2007 at 8:51am:
So you were *just kidding* (at least to some extent) about the *chest pain*

Actually, I wasn't kidding about that. In 2004 things because less pleasant very fast; but that's not reflective of Symantec as a whole, just our site's particular situation.

Quote:
Thanks for that link to *Danger! Quicksand*--I'm going to read that!

I highly recommend it, although so far I've not put much of it into practice. I found out about that book from Kathy Sierra's blog, which is all about an attitude to software design that I am 100% behind - I hope she does eventually decide to keep writing it.

Although she mostly writes (wonderfully!) about software design, she describes some choice pieces of corporate insanity in a couple of entries, this one being one of my favourites.

I had the pleasure of hearing her speak at the Webstock conference last year, and she's as great a speaker as you'd imagine from reading the articles on her site.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print