Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mouse driver installed (ghost 2003) (Read 4389 times)
line
Ex Member

Mouse driver installed (ghost 2003)
Mar 11th, 2007 at 5:06pm

hi
i'm trying to backup my harddrive to dvd's with norton ghost 2003. i followed the steps and it asked me to restart the computer and i clicked yes. when the computer boots it asks me if i want to contiue with the norton ghost task or skip to windows.
i chose the norton ghost task. Not it tells me a couple things ending with "Mouse drivers installed" and then it freezes.
i have a gateway mx6454 notebook.
how do i fix this?
thanks

here's the exact code
Quote:
Microsoft (R) Mouse Driver Version 8.20
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corp. 1983-1992
Copyright (C) IBM Corp. 1992-1993
Mouse Driver installed

and then it freezes

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Mouse driver installed (ghost 2003)
Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2007 at 5:50pm

line

Are you able to re-boot to Windows if you choose not to proceed with the Ghost procedure?

Notice the copyright dates on the mouse driver--from the sounds of it, your system is not compatible with the mouse driver being installed.  You might have to find a DOS mouse driver that works on your system and substitute it for the default driver that Ghost is using.

Are you using PC-DOS or MS-DOS?  Some systems have memory conflicts if using PC-DOS--switching to MS-DOS can sometimes resolve those issues.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

El_Pescador
Übermensch

Thumbs Up!

Bayou Country, USA

Reply #2 - Mar 11th, 2007 at 5:58pm

Quote:
"... it tells me a couple things ending with "Mouse drivers installed" and then it freezes..."

IP Logged

line
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 11th, 2007 at 6:23pm

i went through the configurations and set usb1.1 and firewire as checked. when i boot up the pc image similar to the one above came but this time it was able to proceed and start the backup. i don't see a mouse but i don't really care as long as i have some sort of backups made.
i'm using pcdos. and my computer is pretty new with xp home, 2gig ram and amx 64 x2 processor.
don't know what's going on

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print