Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ghost Solution Suite 2 Purchase (Read 3606 times)
Rama
Technoluster

You don't appreciate Backup
until you get burned.

Ghost Solution Suite 2 Purchase
Mar 17th, 2007 at 1:09am

I chatted online with Symantec and 5 client  bunch licenses can be purchased for about $200.00 with a credit card and was offered a 10% discount on $200.00 when I inquired. Symantec then sends a e-mail with license details and also a download link. The guy on the other end stated I can keep one license and other 4 can have their individual licenses. But I will still wait and see if in response to the post at the Symantec forum, there is a way to buy just one client at a time. Keep tuned.

Rama

IP Logged

Pleonasm
Übermensch

Re: Ghost Solution Suite 2 Purchase
Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2007 at 10:20am

Rama, informal 'chat' by Symantec representatives does not supersede the terms and conditions of the license itself.

I have no legal expertise myself, but I personally would be very hesitant to construct "joint ventures" or other legal entities – just to save about $160 by reselling 4 out of 5 Ghost 11 licenses from a $200 5-pack bundle.  Isn't worth the time (and potential trouble), in my opinion.

ple • o • nasm n. “The use of more words than are required to express an idea”

IP Logged

Rama
Technoluster

You don't appreciate Backup
until you get burned.

Re: Ghost Solution Suite 2 Purchase
Reply #2 - Mar 17th, 2007 at 3:40pm

Pleonasm wrote on Mar 17th, 2007 at 10:20am:
Rama, informal 'chat' by Symantec representatives does not supersede the terms and conditions of the license itself.

I have no legal expertise myself, but I personally would be very hesitant to construct "joint ventures" or other legal entities – just to save about $160 by reselling 4 out of 5 Ghost 11 licenses from a $200 5-pack bundle.  Isn't worth the time (and potential trouble), in my opinion.

Pleonasm: I agree. Let us wait and see if there is any policy change at Symantec as a result of my long msg on their ghost forum. Also if any of us are a student or faculty at an educational institution, there may be a substantial academic discount as well.

Rama

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print