Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Error 5 Using PEBuilder???? (Read 5395 times)
dbird
Gnarly

Error 5 Using PEBuilder????
Mar 24th, 2007 at 10:08pm

Tried using the procedure at

http://radified.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.cgi?board=ghost9_10;action=display;num=116...

But I get 98 "Error 5 Access Denied" messages, and of course no CD.

I'm currently waiting for my registration confirmation at the CDForum to ask for help. But that is slow, so thought I'd ask here. I searched for "error 5" and got no hits. Searched for "access denied", but the response doesn't seem relevant.

I examined the individual files that give errors. Most, but not all are in the i386\system32 folder. The odd thing is that the error producing source files in the Ghost CD copy folder are dated 7/29/2004, but the same files in the target folder (BArtPE\i386) end up dated 8/03/2004. When I copy them manually I get a confirmation message (do I really want to replace a new file with an older one).

I don't know if this relates to the reason for the error 5's or not. The files in the target folder do not all have the same date, but I don't know if the error producing files are the only ones with this oddity.

I logged on as administrator and tried the same procedure, but the results are the same.

Anybody  know what's going on?

Thanks,

Dave

IP Logged

dbird
Gnarly

Re: Error 5 Using PEBuilder????
Reply #1 - Apr 2nd, 2007 at 12:15pm

Finally got my userid verified on the www.911cd.net/forums, and got the following reply:

Quote:
Are you using any OEM version of windows as source?

If you think that it can be related to your windows source then maybe using the trial windows 2003 ISO from the microsoft site can help solving the missing files issue, you can find it here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003...llinstruct.mspx

Just download the first image (around 500Mb), burn the image on a CD or extract all contents and use the folder as your source.

Good luck! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Nuno Brito: Mar 29 2007, 10:03 PM

I used the standard version. The bootable CD for Norton Ghost was burned with no problems, and works perfectly.

Dave

IP Logged

John.
Übermensch

Reply #2 - Apr 2nd, 2007 at 12:56pm

Thanks for the update and information.

Here's the correct url link you referenced:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/R2/trial/installinstruct.mspx

Ghost4me  Ghost 9, 10, 12, 14, 15.  Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7

IP Logged

dbird
Gnarly

Reply #3 - Apr 2nd, 2007 at 3:31pm

Thanks! Guess I don't yet know how to do an html copy/paste. Embarrassed

Dave

IP Logged

John.
Übermensch

Reply #4 - Apr 2nd, 2007 at 3:48pm

I think the problem was on the 911CD forum page, which is where I found the correct link.  What the webpage actually displayed was different than the link behind it.  Looks like you just copied the text off of the webpage.

So I simply clicked on the 911CD link, which opened the Microsoft webpage, then copied that address from the top address bar, pasted it into here.

http://www.911cd.net/forums/

I have some SATA drivers on diskette that I would like to integrate into my Ghost 10 CD, but honestly, I so rarely have to boot from the CD (unless there's an emergency repair), that I just use my diskette and press F6.

Thanks for the tips.

Ghost4me  Ghost 9, 10, 12, 14, 15.  Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7

IP Logged

dbird
Gnarly

Reply #5 - Apr 3rd, 2007 at 10:59am

Quote:
So I simply clicked on the 911CD link, which opened the Microsoft webpage, then copied that address from the top address bar, pasted it into here.

Sounds like the only way to do an actual html copy would be to expose the html source (view source or ctrl-u) then do the copy from there. So many stupid details to go through for the ease of using a computer. Tongue

Quote:
I have some SATA drivers on diskette that I would like to integrate into my Ghost 10 CD, but honestly, I so rarely have to boot from the CD (unless there's an emergency repair), that I just use my diskette and press F6.

My system is so slow to boot from the CD that I missed the F6 prompt completely when it flashed by, probably due to the fact that I've learned to go get a snack or something while I wait. Thought I had convenience fixed when I made the dual boot situation, but it didn't work to restore from the alternate boot partition. Oh well, my alternate boot is still good because it is an unusually clean environment, and it does allow us to keep up with mail etc even when the main system is down.

Thanks for the help and encouragement.

Dave

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print