Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Task log message after imaging with Ghost 2003 (Read 9428 times)
kallaweg
Ex Member

Task log message after imaging with Ghost 2003
Apr 1st, 2007 at 9:37am

Everytime Icreate an image the task log pops up after the system reboots indicating that the selected task was completed with errors. The task in the task log is listed as UNKNOWN with a starttime of 1/1/1970 and a status of unknown.

Any help in eliminating this problem would be appreciated.

Thank you.

IP Logged

Rama
Technoluster

You don't appreciate Backup
until you get burned.

Re: Task log message after imaging with Ghost 2003
Reply #1 - Apr 1st, 2007 at 10:09am

Quote:
Everytime Icreate an image the task log pops up after the system reboots indicating that the selected task was completed with errors. The task in the task log is listed as UNKNOWN with a starttime of 1/1/1970 and a status of unknown.

Any help in eliminating this problem would be appreciated.

Thank you.

1. Do you have another copy of Ghost? If so have you tried imaging with it?
2. Have you tried imaging on a different computer with the same program?
3. Do you have a copy of another version of Ghost? If so did you try to image with it?

I hope we can localize the problem, then we can find a solution.

/me  Smiley

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Reply #2 - Apr 1st, 2007 at 10:28am

kallaweg

It sounds like you are using the Windows Ghost interface--and there appears to be something that is malfunctioning at least on the *time/date* aspect of logging the results of the procedure.

Have you performed an integrity check on the resulting image that your created--does it pass?  That would give you more confidence that your Ghost image is *good*, and it's just the Windows interface that is having problems.

This will sound an awful lot like the *Symantec Tech Support* answer for *everything*--have you tried uninstalling and re-installing Ghost.  That's not a bad suggestion to try *once*--but, if that doesn't work the first time--it probably won't if you try it again, and again , and again.... which is sometimes recommended by Symantec Tech Support!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

kallaweg
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 1st, 2007 at 1:07pm

If I shut down the computer and use a ghost boot floppy to boot and then take the image its reported as successful and it passes the integrity check. So as suggested, it does appear that the problem has to do with windows.

I also restored the image to a spare drive I have in my system and it appears that the image was restored without any problem, although after restoration the task log still reports errors with a date of 1/1/1970.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print