HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ghost 10 VProsvc.exe (Read 15434 times)
Stu Austin
Ex Member

Ghost 10 VProsvc.exe
May 19th, 2007 at 2:33pm

Hello. I'm new to the board and browsing thru it, I find it very interesting. Ok. Here goes. I just installed Ghost 10 this week and I am having a problem with it. I keep getting this error:

Microsoft Visual C++ - Runtime Library
Runtime error:
Program:C:\Program files\Norton Ghost\Agent\VProsvc.exe

I have been in touch with support and we've been emailing back and forth these past few days. The Ghost 10 is a stand alone program I purchased and the rest of Nortons is what I downloaded from their site.
At first, they wanted me to download their removal tool and after seeing what that does, I told them no way was I removing all of their products from my computer. I told them Ghost 10 was a stand alone and the problem was with Ghost 10.
I went into administrator services and each time I try to tell Ghost to start, I get that runtime error. All previous versions of Ghost has been deleted. Has anyone seen this problem? Thanks in advance.
stu

IP Logged

Stu Austin
Ex Member

Re: Ghost 10 VProsvc.exe
Reply #1 - May 25th, 2007 at 5:57pm

I think I may of found out where the problem is. After deciding to remove all of Norton products off of computer, I unplugged the internet connection and removed all products. I then installed Ghost 10 and had no errors. Then installed System works 2007 modified and installed antivirus. Plugged internet connection back in and ran live update. Still no errors. Installed Firewall 2006, ran live update with still no errors. Installed the Utilities portion, ran live update with no errors. Am able to access all menu's in Ghost 10.
I believe the problem was I had GoBack installed. This time, I left GoBack uninstalled. Any thoughts on this?
stu

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #2 - May 25th, 2007 at 6:13pm

Stu Austin,

Sorry about the lack of replies to your first post. We had no ideas.

If you search this forum you will find lots of negative experiences with GoBack. I have always avoided GoBack.

IP Logged

Stu Austin
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 25th, 2007 at 10:24pm

Brian wrote on May 25th, 2007 at 6:13pm:
Stu Austin,

Sorry about the lack of replies to your first post. We had no ideas.

If you search this forum you will find lots of negative experiences with GoBack. I have always avoided GoBack.

No problem about the lack of replies. I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem.
Through the years of using GoBack, It has saved me on a few occasions. I could always count on it. I'll take some time soon and look at some of the posts on the negative aspects of GoBack. I won't install it again.
I do want to look at the posts on Ghost 12 because I do like the idea of being able to backup certain files and directories. I remember years ago I use to use a program for backing up certain directories and files but don't remember what that program was. Maybe it was PC Tools. Thanks again.
stu

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #4 - May 25th, 2007 at 10:37pm

Stu,

I don't use the Files and Folders backup feature because it doesn't backup in native format. I like to see the same files in two place. It's a comfort. Second Copy 7 suits my purposes and EZBack-it-up is a free alternative.

Does anyone here use the Files and Folders backup feature in a big way? It's rarely mentioned in posts. Maybe that means it's good.

The file extension is .fbf

IP Logged

John.
Übermensch

Reply #5 - May 26th, 2007 at 7:05am

Brian wrote on May 25th, 2007 at 10:37pm:
Does anyone here use the Files and Folders backup feature in a big way? It's rarely mentioned in posts. Maybe that means it's good.

I'm with you Brian.  I also use a separate program (Folderclone) for data backup.

Ghost4me  Ghost 9, 10, 12, 14, 15.  Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7

IP Logged

Pleonasm
Übermensch

Reply #6 - May 26th, 2007 at 12:24pm

I second the comments of Brian and Ghost4me.  Norton Ghost is excellent for backing up an operating system partition, but other tools may be better for file/folder backup.  Personally, I use the Connected DataProtector service for this purpose (and to simultaneously achieve off-site backup).

ple • o • nasm n. “The use of more words than are required to express an idea”

IP Logged

sandJohnson
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jul 22nd, 2007 at 2:34am

At long last a solution to my problem  Cheesy Thanks!!! Almost at the expiry date of my Norton Systemworks 2006 and I finally found the solution, thanks to this forum! Norton Ghost was working fine on my old PC, but after searching and trying heaps of options, I finally found that be uninstalling the Norton GoBack feature, all is well and the Agent/VProSvc.exe error has gone. I had to register and say thanks. The time I spent trying to find the cause of the problem and it turned out to be so simple. You made my day!!! Bye, Sandra

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print