Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ghost10 Can't Make Image - Help Plz (Read 8323 times)
MacKenrick
Radmeister

Help Stamp Out & Eradicate
Superfluous Redundancy

California, USA

Ghost10 Can't Make Image - Help Plz
May 19th, 2007 at 7:06pm

Hi All,   Back again with a problem.  This just isn't my month.  I can't get Ghost10 to make an image of a drive.  It goes through the normal process, takes about 20 minutes (normal), there are no error messages, it says the image was made successfully, but when I look at the folder in Explorer, only the .sv2i (2K) is listed.  I check the folder properties and sure enough there is only 1.89K used.  The drive I'm trying to make an image of is only 13 gigs and there is 60 gigs left on the drive I'm trying to make the image to.  Can't figure out what's happening because I was able to make an image file just last week.   Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,  Mac

WinXP Hm  SP2   Ghost10  

POST MODIFIED:  I tried again and I was able to make an image using the "Backup Now" method.  I should have explained that I was having the above problem when trying to make a new Scheduled Backup.  Not sure why because I have been able to do it that way in the past.  For some reason Ghost no longer wants to work when I try to make a new Scheduled Backup.  Very strange.     Mac

MacKenrick

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Ghost10 Can't Make Image - Help Plz
Reply #1 - May 20th, 2007 at 2:58am

Mac,

When the next scheduled backup is due, could you look in the folder during image writing time. Is the image written and then deleted? Or not written at all?

Quote:
I tried again and I was able to make an image using the "Backup Now" method.

I noticed this in the past, but the opposite. I couldn't write manual images. It was because I had changed DEP settings. Fixed by changing back.

IP Logged

John.
Übermensch

Re: Ghost10 Can't Make Image - Help Plz
Reply #2 - May 20th, 2007 at 9:44am

Mac,
open your Norton Ghost program,
Click Status
Click View Event Log

Scroll through the event log for messages during the time of the scheduled backup.  Anything of interest there or any clues?

Close the log and then click on "Check Backup and Recovery Status".  That's a nice one screen summary.  Ghost has to essentially verify the settings, enumerate your drives, and produces a summary if everything is ok or not.

Ghost4me  Ghost 9, 10, 12, 14, 15.  Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print