Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copy drive(reformatted windows) to bootable dvd (Read 5057 times)
g8dnitez
Ex Member

Copy drive(reformatted windows) to bootable dvd
Jun 4th, 2007 at 9:12pm

hi all,
i am new in norton ghost. i am using norton ghost 12.
as subject above, i wanna to copy/clone my c: drive to dvd, and make it bootable.. is it norton ghost can do it for me?
if anyone here know how to do it, pls guide me step by step.
thx in advance

regards,
g8dnitez

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Copy drive(reformatted windows) to bootable dv
Reply #1 - Jun 5th, 2007 at 12:36am

g8dnitez

Quote:
i wanna to copy/clone my c: drive to dvd, and make it bootable.. is it norton ghost can do it for me?

Ghost 12 will not allow you to do what you are wanting to do.  This function is available in the old retail version--Ghost 2003.  And it is available in the older corporate version of Ghost 8.xx.  It is probably available in the most current corporate version of Ghost--v11.x--these are all DOS based Ghost versions

Retail Ghost 9, 10, Save & Restore, and now Ghost 12 are Windows based programs and do not have the ability to create a bootable optical disc with a recovery image on it.

You must boot from the Ghost 12 Recovery Disk to the Ghost Recovery Environment--a Windows PE environment, not a DOS environment--and access a stored image on a DVD from there.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

rulirahm
Radmeister

The Norton Ghost 1

Asia

Reply #2 - Jun 5th, 2007 at 8:39am

Hm, I guess this is like we want to create CD Recovery where many notebook shipped with it?

Boot the CD and choose Recovery to the Out of Box State.

But a lot of job we must do. Many image created, many CD will be needed.

RR

IP Logged

Pleonasm
Übermensch

Reply #3 - Jun 5th, 2007 at 11:22am

G8dnitez, it is functionally possible to accomplish the objective you are seeking with Norton Ghost 12, but not in quite the way you stated.

As noted by NightOwl, you can, for example, create a recovery point (aka “image”) of one or more drives (aka partitions), and subsequently burn the resulting .V2I files onto DVDs.  Later, when needed, you can boot the PC using the Symantec Recovery Disk (aka recovery environment), and restore using those DVD discs.  Not exactly what you were asking, to be sure; but, essentially the same from an operational perspective.

ple • o • nasm n. “The use of more words than are required to express an idea”

IP Logged

ben_mott
Nuclear Grade

Re: Copy drive(reformatted windows) to bootable dvd
Reply #4 - Jun 10th, 2007 at 2:54pm

useful information Regarding Ghost Bootable CD:
page1:
http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=14127
Page2:
http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=14127&st=20
If you got a recovery CD which uses Ghost as recovery, say IBM ,E-machine,Older Advent
Older Dell you got Ghost.exe 8 already on the recovery CD or the RAM drive it creates , there is a post on that Link tells you how to extract it and use it.
and How to use F10 or F11 to use Ghost.exe to recover the Ghost image from a Fat32 partition..
http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=14127&st=23&start=23

Regards Ben
Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print