Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New to Norton... Have a few questions. Need opinions.!!1 (Read 4180 times)
JKurz
Dude

I Love Radified!

New to Norton... Have a few questions. Need opinions.!!1
Jul 6th, 2007 at 10:45am

Hey guys,

Here's my deal, maybe norton ghost is not for my situation. I'm new to creating images, I manage about 160 Desktops and configure all desktop deployment for my company. Im looking for a product to create Drive Images on CD/DVD for my users to boot too, image a New desktop and start working. My ideal situation is to have a New PC drop shipped to my Branch in Canada, overnight them a CD/DVD and have the user boot to it and be done. Will Norton 12.0 accomplish this for me.?? Thanks and I welcome any suggestions.

IP Logged

Pleonasm
Übermensch

Re: New to Norton... Have a few questions. Need opinions.!!1
Reply #1 - Jul 6th, 2007 at 10:53am

JKurz, Norton Ghost 12 is a consumer (retail) product, not intended to function well in a corporate setting.  You should probably take a look at the Backup Exec System Recovery suite of products by Symantec, which are more closely oriented toward a corporate environment.  In particular, the “LightsOut Restore” feature may allow to accomplish your objective, although not quite in the manner you anticipated.

ple • o • nasm n. “The use of more words than are required to express an idea”

IP Logged

JKurz
Dude

I Love Radified!

Reply #2 - Jul 6th, 2007 at 10:58am

We are currently running Backup Exec. for all of our backup systems. I thought Norton had a "Norton Image" software package?

IP Logged

Pleonasm
Übermensch

Reply #3 - Jul 6th, 2007 at 12:27pm

JKurz, Backup Exec System Recovery 7.0 is the ‘corporate equivalent’ of Norton Ghost 12 - i.e., both applications are able to create/restore recovery points (aka “images”).

Does that help?

ple • o • nasm n. “The use of more words than are required to express an idea”

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print