Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
GSS 2.0 Multi-card Network Boot cd (Read 4330 times)
Willard
Ex Member

GSS 2.0 Multi-card Network Boot cd
Jul 6th, 2007 at 12:37pm

My network admin created a ghost cd that when you boot from comes up with a menu and you can select the Nic you want and then proceeds on to run ghost etc.. My problem is we switched over to GSS 2.0 and ghost 11.02 i think it is the old one was ghost 8. Well the images i made using the ghost console will not work.  To make matters worse the network admin is on vacation for 2 weeks and i have a bunch of machines i need to image. Is there anyone to tell me the proper steps on makine a updated Ghost Bootable cd. I tried to take his and copy it to my desktop and replace the ghost.exe files and no luck.

Any help would be grealy appreciated.

IP Logged

Rama
Technoluster

You don't appreciate Backup
until you get burned.

Re: GSS 2.0 Multi-card Network Boot cd
Reply #1 - Jul 6th, 2007 at 1:42pm

Willard wrote on Jul 6th, 2007 at 12:37pm:
My network admin created a ghost cd that when you boot from comes up with a menu and you can select the Nic you want and then proceeds on to run ghost etc.. My problem is we switched over to GSS 2.0 and ghost 11.02 i think it is the old one was ghost 8. Well the images i made using the ghost console will not work.  To make matters worse the network admin is on vacation for 2 weeks and i have a bunch of machines i need to image. Is there anyone to tell me the proper steps on makine a updated Ghost Bootable cd. I tried to take his and copy it to my desktop and replace the ghost.exe files and no luck.

Any help would be grealy appreciated.

I think if you post the msg on the symantec ghost enterprise forum, you will get a quick response since there are several Symantec Ghost GSS developers active in the forum.

Rama

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Reply #2 - Jul 6th, 2007 at 3:03pm

What's the link to that, Rama?

IP Logged

Rama
Technoluster

You don't appreciate Backup
until you get burned.

Reply #3 - Jul 6th, 2007 at 4:09pm

Rad wrote on Jul 6th, 2007 at 3:03pm:
What's the link to that, Rama?

https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board?board.id=109

/me  Smiley

IP Logged

nbree
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 6th, 2007 at 7:03pm

Just be aware of a couple things, that we developers and QA are on New Zealand time (i.e., it's the weekend here) and that we'll need as much information as possible about your problem to be able to help.

For instance, when you say "the images don't work", it's really a good idea to describe in more detail what exactly is going wrong. If you have specific models of machine, it might be relevant to tell us what they are (and for a network problem, what models of NIC are in them). If there are any error messages displayed, please give us the exact text of the message.

IP Logged

Willard
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 6th, 2007 at 7:16pm

Sometimes we over think things and get to technical when a simple solution works alot easier. I reposted this msg on the symantec forums and a user replied stating to just use ultra iso and replace the ghost.exe with the updated version, dahhh how simple is that and worked flawless.

thanks to all who replied.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print