Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Creating Ghost 11 Bootable CD - Image full, cannot add ghost.exe (Read 11563 times)
um humaid
Ex Member

Creating Ghost 11 Bootable CD - Image full, cannot add ghost.exe
Aug 1st, 2007 at 11:54pm

Hello every one, I am Aysha from UAE and I am a new starter in creating ghost images and I am trying to go through the project that is post in this site about creating ghost image CD and when I reach the last step of injecting the files it tells me that the image is full and it can't inject the ghost.exe as it's very big, I have ghost 11, Is there any way to work around this problem, plz help??!!!

Regards..

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Creating Ghost 11 Bootable CD - Image full, cannot add ghost.exe
Reply #1 - Aug 2nd, 2007 at 12:25am

um humaid

Quote:
it can't inject the ghost.exe as it's very big, I have ghost 11, Is there any way to work around this problem, plz help??!!!

Yes!

Ghost 11 is the corporate version released after Ghost 8.x--and it is much larger than the retail Ghost 2003 program file.

Here's a thread regarding using the larger corporate version of Ghost for a bootable CD:  Adding USB to Ghost Boot CD

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Rama
Technoluster

You don't appreciate Backup
until you get burned.

Reply #2 - Aug 2nd, 2007 at 8:21am

Quote:
Hello every one, I am Aysha from UAE and I am a new starter in creating ghost images and I am trying to go through the project that is post in this site about creating ghost image CD and when I reach the last step of injecting the files it tells me that the image is full and it can't inject the ghost.exe as it's very big, I have ghost 11, Is there any way to work around this problem, plz help??!!!

Regards..

Ghost 11 is part of GSS2.0 and 2.0.1. There are two versions; one for DOS and the other for Windows.

You can just make a bootable CD, such as el-torito by including the DOS version. If you are interested in the Windows version, then BartPE is one of the ways to go.

Rama

IP Logged

TheShadow
Kahuna

Old Ghost user!

Florida, USA

Reply #3 - Sep 14th, 2007 at 11:20am

Hmmmm!

When the Ghost 8.3 .exe file and DOS and support files exceeded the 1.44 meg limit of a floppy disk, I didn't panic (well, not for long anyway), I just set up everything on a little bootable 64 meg Flash Drive (FD).

Nero 6, accepted that drive as legal input to make me a bootable CD.
With all that extra space I was also able to incorporate my Windows ME Utilities disk on the FD, with about 60 megs of space left over.
A compressed ISO of that CD only takes up 3.6megs of space. 
Easy to upload or download. Wink

So now, with a minimum of acrobatics, I have a great Ghost 8.3 + ME Utilities boot CD.

If I want to make any changes or additions, I just edit the FD and make a new CD.
It's quick, simple and efficient and not wasteful of my time and effort.

Cheers Mates!
Shadow  Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print