Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Problems with Norton Ghost 2003 Boot disk (Read 4325 times)
Logi
Dude

Intel 4 Life!

Problems with Norton Ghost 2003 Boot disk
Aug 4th, 2007 at 12:59pm

Recently I have noticed that it takes forever for my Norton 2003 Boot disk to load, and when it does it doesn't always recognize my IDE channel, which my backupdrive is on. I tried a suggestion that someone stated, basically Turning on DEP(Data Execution Prevention) for all programs.  Now the boot disk loads fast and it recognizes my E: drive, which I back up to(On my single IDE channel with my DVD-RW drive). Any ideas why it does this?

And why all of a sudden do I have to switch it? Worked fine before for 3+years?  Maybe a Windows Update?

IP Logged

Logi
Dude

Intel 4 Life!

Re: Problems with Norton Ghost 2003 Boot disk
Reply #1 - Aug 4th, 2007 at 1:26pm

Well hell that didnt work either,  I have even gone as far as reformatting and reloading ghost on the floppy now, any other ideas?

IP Logged

Logi
Dude

Intel 4 Life!

Reply #2 - Aug 4th, 2007 at 3:21pm

Well swapped out my IDE cable and that seems to have done the trick, weird eh?
EDIT: Well that didn't do it so I swapped out the molex plug from my power supply that goes to the back of the drive for the one powering my fan, seems to be a PSU issue.

IP Logged

Logi
Dude

Intel 4 Life!

Reply #3 - Aug 4th, 2007 at 8:21pm

*Crickets*

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Reply #4 - Aug 5th, 2007 at 9:25am

Logi

Quote:
Recently I have noticed that it takes forever for my Norton 2003 Boot disk to load, and when it does it doesn't always recognize my IDE channel,

Have you added new hardware recently--external USB HDD, flash thumb USB drive, etc.?  Often, a slow loading of Ghost 2003 in DOS means the program is *thinking* (actually--timing-out delays) about a mass storage device that isn't being easily recognized by the program.

Quote:
EDIT: Well that didn't do it so I swapped out the molex plug from my power supply that goes to the back of the drive for the one powering my fan, seems to be a PSU issue.

So, that solved the problem!  Do you have other PSU issues when Windows is up and running?  Funny that it would only effect a boot-up to DOS!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Logi
Dude

Intel 4 Life!

Reply #5 - Aug 21st, 2007 at 2:33pm

Well swapping out the molex connector from my PSU seems to have made the difference! Funny how little things can sometimes lead to big headaches! Back to making images of my primary drive w/o issues!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print