Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Creating ghost boot cd (Read 6075 times)
fongmac
N00b

I Love Radified!

Creating ghost boot cd
Aug 8th, 2007 at 9:37am

Sorry I am noob to ghost but I just got ghost 2003 and was wondering how to creat a ghost boot cd? I've looked every where but have not found a great and easy tutorial. When I go to create the boot cd it gives me drive A and to use floppy. Well my machine does not have a floppy drive...so how do u create a boot cd? any help would be appreciated.....

IP Logged

MrMagoo
Übermensch

Resident Linux Guru

Phoenix, AZ (USA)

Re: Creating ghost boot cd
Reply #1 - Aug 8th, 2007 at 3:18pm

Have you read this:

http://nightowl.radified.com/bootcd/bootcdintro.html

Many people have found that helpful.

IP Logged

TheShadow
Kahuna

Old Ghost user!

Florida, USA

Re: Creating ghost boot cd
Reply #2 - Oct 6th, 2007 at 10:33am

Another problem is that with the later versions of Ghost, like Ghost 8.3, there just isn't enough room on a single 1.44meg floppy disk for the OS, Ghost, Mouse drivers and any other batch files, menu, etc. that you may find convenient to have on that disk.

I solved that problem by putting all those files on a small, 64 meg flash drive. 
I have also used a 64meg SC flash card (used in cameras).

There is a neat little program from HP that makes a FD or SD bootable.  Then just add Ghost.exe, Mouse.com and whatever other files you want and you've got yourself a Ghost Boot flash drive, with mouse support.

The Nero Burning Rom program will accept that bootable FD as a source for making a bootable CD.  Job done, in two or three easy steps.

Since there was so much free space on my bootable flash drive, I also added my Windows ME Utilities (FDISK, Format, Scandisk, ScanReg, etc.) with a nice Ansi-Color menu.

That leaves a lot of free space on a 700+ meg CD.  Once the CD is turned into an ISO file and that's compressed with 7Zip, it comes down to a file only 3.6megs in size.  EDIT:

The tutorial was great, but there's always options.

Cheers Mates!
The Shadow  Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print