Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Norton Ghost 12 Help Needed (Read 7067 times)
sohailv
Ex Member

Norton Ghost 12 Help Needed
Aug 15th, 2007 at 2:53pm

Hello all

When I try to restore an image with Norton Ghost Automatic recovery I get the following error:

Info 6C95002C: Cannot complete automatic recovery operation. Please restor the recovery point manually.

Then I have to restore the image manaully. I am using the same configuration on both of my Desktop and Laptop machines and on my Laptop, I am able to restore the image using automatic recovery option but on Desktop I am getting tha above mentioned error. I have searched thorugh users manual and Symantec's Web site but could not find any information to resolve that issue.

Any help would be hightly appreciated.

Thanks

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Norton Ghost 12 Help Needed
Reply #1 - Aug 15th, 2007 at 3:24pm

sohailv,

I can't find "automatic recovery operation" in the Ghost 12 userguide. Where is that option in Ghost 12?

IP Logged

John.
Übermensch

Reply #2 - Aug 15th, 2007 at 5:14pm

Quote:
Then I have to restore the image manually. I am using the same configuration on both of my Desktop and Laptop machines and on my Laptop, I am able to restore the image using automatic recovery option but on Desktop I am getting the above mentioned error.

Just to confirm, you purchased 2 licenses/copies of Ghost 12?  Have you activated each copy, one on the desktop and your other license on the laptop?

If you haven't activated, some functions are limited.

Ghost4me  Ghost 9, 10, 12, 14, 15.  Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7

IP Logged

sohailv
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 15th, 2007 at 10:07pm

When you try to restore an image the Norton Ghost 12 says this operation cannot be performed while Windows is running and the system has to be rebooted to complete the process and it you have installed Norton LightsOut Restore on your compute then the system will reboot in restore mode to restore the image. This process should be automatic and should not need any user intervention but it my case it is asking me to restore the image manually.

By the way, my both copies of Ghost are licensed and fully activated.

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #4 - Aug 15th, 2007 at 10:15pm

sohailv,

Thanks. I didn't know that existed. Personally I'd avoid it. I recall Drive Image 2000, Ghost 2003 and Acronis True Image had mechanisms to start the restore process from Windows which then booted into a recovery environment. At times this caused major problems. Safer to start the restore from the recovery environment.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print