Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ghost Image Disappears (Read 3734 times)
emailsara
N00b

I Love Radified!

NYC

Ghost Image Disappears
Sep 20th, 2007 at 9:59am

I recently created a ghost image using Ghost 2003 of my Boot Drive's  Partition C.

The image was created in second hard drive's partition.

Why this image is not visible in Ghost if I move this image to another partition?

All partitions are NTFS.

TIA

Sara

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Ghost Image Disappears
Reply #1 - Sep 20th, 2007 at 2:50pm

emailsara

Well, moving an image file should not have an effect...what is the layout of your HDD's--i.e. how many, and how is each partitioned?  You already mentioned that all partitions are NTFS--but Ghost 2003 can see and store images on NTFS partitions.

Did you rename the image file in any way?

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

emailsara
N00b

I Love Radified!

NYC

Reply #2 - Sep 21st, 2007 at 9:01am

I have Dell XPS 720 with two 320GB SATA Hard Drives.

Both are divided in three almost equal partitions of 106GB. All NTFS.

Drive C has WinXP

I made Ghost of Operating System Drive and put in next Physical Drives Partition.

Once I copied that Image to Next partition, it became invisble to Ghost in Dos mode.

Did not rename it anyway.

Thanks

Sara

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Reply #3 - Sep 21st, 2007 at 9:12am

emailsara

Quote:
Once I copied that Image to Next partition, it became invisble to Ghost in Dos mode.

In DOS Ghost, when you use the drop-down menu to select the source drive in order to look for that *lost* image file--are you able to see all the partitions on your two HDD's?  

And are you able to select various sub-directories on each partition?

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

emailsara
N00b

I Love Radified!

NYC

Reply #4 - Sep 21st, 2007 at 4:17pm

Everything is visble. Except the copied image file.

TIA

IP Logged

Baddstuff
Dude

I Love Radified!

New York City

Reply #5 - Sep 22nd, 2007 at 8:12pm

strange indeed. just for the hell of it boot up the PC from a CD using Windows XP Live, which is free and can be found by going to Google. If you have an ERD disc that will work too. They both provide a GUI which makes for easier navigation. Once you boot from the CD see if you see the Ghost image. If you can see it after booting from a CD then I cannot explain why you can't see it from Ghost.
A bit of advice, I would suggest keeping your Ghost images on the second drive and not the main drive. On my second drive the first partition is for the swap file only and then second partition is where I keep only my Ghost images. The way I name my images is like this-
C_SEP22_07
By looking at the name I know it is my C drive image from Sept 22, 2007. I kept a Word document with all changes I make to the C drive after that image was made. By keeping good notes in my document I know exactly what is in the image I am restoring. Works for me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print