Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Help.! Image question...SysPrep.??? (Read 4873 times)
JKurz
Dude

I Love Radified!

Help.! Image question...SysPrep.???
Oct 2nd, 2007 at 8:40pm

Hey Guys,

Im fairly new to Ghost and it seems to be really cool! Heres my situation, I just got a shipment of 10 Dell 745's (XP Pro) and I need to create a bootable iso (Restoration point) for these machines so I dont have to install office, adobe and updates 10 times. These machines will be part of a domain. I plan to have this image off the domain and will manually add each PC to the domain once deployed. What is the best way to create this bootable iso?

Thanks guys  Wink

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Help.! Image question...SysPrep.???
Reply #1 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 10:30pm

JKurz

What version of Ghost do you have?

Yes, using SysPrep is probably what you need to do.

But the retail versions of Ghost 12, 10, or 9 will probably not work with what you are trying to do--probably need one of the Corporate versions such as Ghost 8 or Ghost 11--the Ghost Solutions Suites (GSS)!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

JKurz
Dude

I Love Radified!

Reply #2 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 9:47am

Im using Ghost 12. I have my machine syspreped and Im ready to Image the drive. I booted the PC I want to image to the recovery disk, I dont see option to create an image. Do I need to pull the hard drive and use the Hard drive copy function? What is the best way to image this to a bootable iso?

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Reply #3 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 10:48am

JKurz

Quote:
I booted the PC I want to image to the recovery disk, I dont see option to create an image.

That's why I said Ghost 12, 10, and 9 above would not work for you!  You can not create an image file from the recovery environment.

Quote:
Do I need to pull the hard drive and use the Hard drive copy function?

That might work--but you will have do do the *copy drive* for each system--won't get an image file that can be restored to multiple systems--will have to do the drive copy on each system--or at least to each HDD that you then install on other systems.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

JKurz
Dude

I Love Radified!

Reply #4 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 10:59am

I belive you only need sysprep if you are imaging a PC that is joined to a domain. Can I install ghost 12 on New PC. Image it off the domain and just use that restore point for all my PC's. Then all I have to do is change the computer name and add the domain. Im trying to make this work cause I just bought ghost 12. I will buy ghost solutions next week. I just need these PC imaged this week.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print