Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Repairing Ghost image??? (Read 6858 times)
jevgh
Ex Member

Repairing Ghost image???
Oct 17th, 2007 at 5:14pm

Who can help me out, please? Got rather frustrated...

After HD crash, I'm unable to restore my drive from a -- previously tested -- spanning Ghost image because I cannot read 32 sectors (out of 10.000.000+) from one of the DVD's... Ghost just quits in such circumstances. Commandline parameters  -corrupt and -ignoreindex do not work in XP (can see few files, but nothing extractable), and restoring with bootdisk under DOS quits with error 19235. Tried everything to get the data from the DVD (other drives, freezing, sector-by-sector copying) but no luck. I also used the image files from HD, filling the gap with zero's gives an error ('corrupt file'), as well as just eliminating the missing data (making files shorther): 'corrupt packet length'.

Does anybody know if (and how) I can substitute the lost data, with hex editor or something. I would be very, very (very) grateful. I don't mind missing 1-2 corrupted files, but missing 20 Gb just because of 32 lost sectors seems too unfair... -- Thanks!

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Repairing Ghost image???
Reply #1 - Oct 17th, 2007 at 6:11pm

jevgh

Quote:
previously tested

So, you did an Integrity check after creating the image file, and it passed?!

The only resource I've seen for handling a corrupt image file is this:

How to handle a corrupted image file

But, unfortunately--those who have tried this have not reported success  Sad !

Recently, there was a thread that mentioned correcting an optical disc image problem by carefully cleaning the disc that caused the problem--worth a try?!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Rama
Technoluster

You don't appreciate Backup
until you get burned.

Re: Repairing Ghost image???
Reply #2 - Oct 17th, 2007 at 6:12pm

You may want to try to open the image using Ghost Explorer.  If you succeed, then you may be able to retrieve individual files.

Rama  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print