Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Department of Positive Out of Body Possibilities (Read 14497 times)
tim484848
N00b

I Love Radified!

Dayton,Ohio

The Department of Positive Out of Body Possibilities
Oct 20th, 2007 at 9:51pm

Smiley Thank you for listening to my thoughts.

In 2005, I had a thought that it was possible to communicate with future out of body afterlife, in a way that can be measured on the Internet.
In 2005 they came out with a machine called BrainGate that lets you communicate with thought. Please check it out on the Internet.
In 2006, Medium Lisa Williams came out with her show, on how she can communicate with the dead. She just started her second season on Lifetime.

Science has already proved that energy can not be destroyed.

How do you feel about having this type of back up plan?

Thank you once again for listening to my thoughts,
Tim

My mind is always taking me out of pain and into pleasure, the least I can do is listen.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: The Department of Positive Out of Body Possibilities
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2007 at 12:41am

tim484848

Interesting thoughts!

At the urging of a friend, I recently read a book by Douglas Hofstader titled *I am a strange loop*.  I found it very difficult to complete--the author has a deep understanding of music and mathematics--not my strongest suits!--and applied it to trying to explain the human *soul*--the *I-ness* of each of us!

Hofstader lost his wife, whom he apparently loved very much, by sudden death.  He spent some time explaining his belief that a lost loved one's soul continues, in a dimmed version, in all those who interacted with that person--in the memories or thoughts of those who continue to live.

It took humans 100's--well probably 1000's of years of *dreaming* about how to fly--and eventually technology caught up--so who knows what *dreaming* about communicating with the energy of thought will eventually bring!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

tim484848
N00b

I Love Radified!

Dayton,Ohio

Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2007 at 2:11am

Thank you Night Owl, I will check into that book.

My mind is always taking me out of pain and into pleasure, the least I can do is listen.

IP Logged

nbree
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2007 at 3:05am

NightOwl wrote on Oct 21st, 2007 at 12:41am:
At the urging of a friend, I recently read a book by Douglas Hofstader titled *I am a strange loop*.  I found it very difficult to complete--the author has a deep understanding of music and mathematics--not my strongest suits!--and applied it to trying to explain the human *soul*--the *I-ness* of each of us!

Interesting; thanks for the heads-up, although it sounds rather full of overwrought mysticism. The metamathematics was the strong point of "Godel, Escher, Bach" for me, real fun, but the wider theme was unconvincing overreach and if this book is really about extending that part of GEB... i dunno. As important a concept as recursive embeddings are, as a theory of consciousness the only part that strikes an immediate chord with me would be that such towers are both compact (in an information-theoretic sense) and richly expressive, making it at least a plausible platform to have evolved. It's still an awfully long bow to draw.

Frankly, if I had to recommend a thought-provoking read involving mathematics and consciousness it'd be Australian writer Greg Egan's short story collections. "Learning to Be Me" from Axiomatic and "Reasons To Be Cheerful" from Luminous both pack an immense punch, as do many of the other stories in the two collections. His novels aren't half bad either (Distress and Schild's Ladder being personal favourites).

IP Logged

tim484848
N00b

I Love Radified!

Dayton,Ohio

Reply #4 - Oct 21st, 2007 at 8:02am

Thank you nbree for your input,

I am new here as you can tell; so why do people like to come to this site?

Thank you,
Tim

IP Logged

MrMagoo
Übermensch

Resident Linux Guru

Phoenix, AZ (USA)

Reply #5 - Oct 21st, 2007 at 5:18pm

tim484848 wrote on Oct 21st, 2007 at 8:02am:
I am new here as you can tell; so why do people like to come to this site?

For discussions like this.

IP Logged

nbree
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 21st, 2007 at 6:47pm

tim484848 wrote on Oct 20th, 2007 at 9:51pm:
Science has already proved that energy can not be destroyed.

I'd just like to take a little time to talk to this, which is of course the famous First Law of Thermodynamics. Now, it's debatable whether "proved" is entirely correct; it's a definition applying to ideal closed systems; by convention these days we (well, mostly, I can't speak for M-theorists) think of the conventional universe as such a closed system, but that's not, strictly speaking, proven.

Anyway, what is more interesting isn't the energy (or matter) in the system itself, but the information encoded in it, which is where things get messy. Whatever the "stuff of consciousness" is, it's presumably encoded in matter and energy somehow.

Unfortunately, when it comes to discussing that encoding, you run into the fact that "information" is a heavily overloaded term.

Classical physics has the Second Law of Thermodynamics and the idea of thermodynamic entropy. Related to this (and much newer) is the concept of information entropy which is the basis of information theory and is important in modern quantum physics.

The problem here is that when physicists or computer scientists talk about "information", they don't mean what you think they might; in fact, sometimes it's quite the opposite. Truly random data - meaningless junk - actually has more "information" in it than a message like this posting, in information theory.

The other kind of information (and the kind most people think of) is "semantic information", i.e. meaning. You need to be careful; the precepts of thermodynamics or information theory should not be applied directly to semantics; there are deep connections, for sure (both denotational semantics and Kolmogorov complexity emerge from the work of Church and Turing) but the two fields do use words in conflicting ways.

The end result is that it's best to be very careful when appealing to physical and mathematical concepts in the context of consciousness (let alone that product of consciousness, mystical experience), due to contextual confusion about the meaning of important terms.

IP Logged

tim484848
N00b

I Love Radified!

Dayton,Ohio

Reply #7 - Oct 21st, 2007 at 7:15pm

Good answer MrMagoo,

They say that 10% of the 6 billion people alive on Earth, will have an out of body experience at some point in their life, so if you have not had yours yet; all I can say,  is if it happens, go back to your body and see if it works out for you like it did for me. Some say it is just a dream, all I can say is, mine was not.

To help you understand my out of body experience, I will try and explain it.

I went to this lady doctor for the very first time, because my insurance at the time, only would let me go to curtain doctor's in this insurance book they gave me.

I stepped on a nail, and I needed to get a shot, I don't know how to spell the word for the shot, so please fill free to place that any your reply.

Anyway, my appointment was in the morning, and I was running behind, so I did not eat anything before I got there.

I had never been in this building before, and I have always been afraid of needles; but this time I decided I needed to grow up and get over that, so I watched her stick the needle in my arm. The next thing I felt was passing out and leaning forward.

After that I woke up by the ceiling lights in the room I was in by the ceiling lights. Now This was the first time I had ever been at this doctor's office, and I am not your typical detail type person, so to say that I knew much about the lighting system or anything else, is not a stretch by any body's measurements.

It has been a long time since this happened to me, but I still do remember a lot about it.

I remember I was starting to get scared, but then I remembered my brother in law at the time who use to get scared all the time to a point that he would actually loose it, and I knew that would not help me, so I started to think what I should do. I never actually looked down at my body, because I was afraid that would be a mistake, but I did feel that I needed to try and move toward it just the same, hoping for a good out come, but not really thinking it would work out. I was very carefully and I was floating really slow as a result of that. I saw another person in the room other than the doctor, that was not in the room before.

The closer I got toward my body, the quicker I Begin to move toward it, and I could start to feel pressure in my thoughts the closer I got to my head as well. The body language of the doctor at this time was that of something about to happen, and then all of a sudden I felt shaking like the time I wrote in a plane to Chicago during a snow storm, a lot of shaking, and a inner pain of what it feels like when a dentist is giving you a root cancel, I really did not want to be in that position, but I could not think of any where else I wanted to be, but in my body, so I kept going with the flow. I did not wake up from the experience, I open my eyes to it, as I was in the middle of a seizure, the first one in my life time. After that was over, and after they got done holding me down, the lady doctor started hugging me like I was her child or something, like she really cared about me, then she said that she thought they had lost me. I was stunned by the experience, and after drinking some orange juice, and laying there for a while, I never went back there again.

At the time I did not know what an out of body experience was, just that some doctor that had never had one, said later that year, that it is a dream, even though he had never had it happen to him before.

After thinking back on it in 2005, when I had this internal thought that said that they want to communicate, that I really started to analyze it from so many different directions.

Getting back to this thought that I had.

I was in the middle of this shot in 8-ball that I was analyzing, when this thought came to me that they wanted to communicate and that it was possible.

It got my attention, because how direct it was, to what I was doing at the time, that had nothing to do with any of this.

I thought this was silly, because I had no clue at the time how this could be possible, but every night before I went to sleep, I thought about it, and then the next day I would get little slices to the answer.

A lot of what was going on with me at this time, could not be a result of just me alone, and you would have to know me to understand that.

At this time in my life I was vice president of operations foe a financial company, with fifty stores and five supervisors and a assistant working under me.

Just to give you an example how things almost felt like I was on somebody Else's agenda, one night I got this thought, that I needed to give up this eighty thousand dollar job and focus on this topic, and then the next day, I was let go by the company for no reason, even though less than a month earlier they said they could not make it work with out me, and I was never in trouble for anything. Now that was strange, but that was just one of many.

Now I can sit here and right a book about all that, but I have no ego, I learned that from playing pool. The only time I might sound like I have an ego, is when people want me too, as a confidence thing, that I might be doing at the time.

Getting back to topic; The more thoughts I got about how it can happen, the more I went to study if this is possible and as this played out, I came across BrainGate, a machine that can communicate with thought. This machine can be found on the Internet, and It made history in 2005 as well, the same year I had this internal thought.
Later on I found out about medium Lisa Williams, who was told she should move to the United states, because she would be very successful. She got her break on the Life time network, she is now on her second year; She claims to be able to communicate with the dead.

Now these two things can help me make my idea work, and this is nothing to all the other stuff that I know about this topic, but they are the two easiest thinks to check out on the Internet.
Example, you should be able to see all her shows on the Internet, and watch and listen all about her.

She ask people how much do they want to know, and she never wants to know anything about them before she meets them to talk about their dead relatives, and she calls out these out of body after life people by name, not guessing a bunch of names, but nails them the very first time.
If she is a fake, then I must be as well, and everything she talks about, falls right into what I had experience, or what I have read about.

Since I use to have an assistant who use to do all my typing and grammar for me, it has taken me a while to get better at explaining this, but I still have a way to go.

The main reason I got on the Internet, was to see if I could find anybody who could prove me wrong, I was inviting the opportunity at one time, but I can see now that this is an impossibility, because everything points toward it's possibility.

I woulds love to be a part of making this happen, but I don't know if that will ever happen, because for example people like O.J. Simpson, or some other people who have things in their closet, don't want it to happen and they attack me personally about this possibility, not the topic, but me. Maybe the best I can do is to try and keep talking about it, and hope I am painting a picture to somebody else to do it, but my thoughts assure me that this will be easy and it will be a good deal even for people like O.J. for an example.

Thank you for reading my thoughts, and I hope I don't bore you, but this is what I am about,

Tim

IP Logged

nbree
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Oct 21st, 2007 at 9:11pm

tim484848 wrote on Oct 21st, 2007 at 7:15pm:
Some say it is just a dream, all I can say is, mine was not.

It's definitely an interesting phenomenon; this research which was widely reported a couple of months ago provides an interesting perspective on it.

There's a decent body of research to support the view that much of what we experience as our conscious selves is a post facto reconstruction, where all the actual sensory lags (e.g. nerve propagation delays) are removed and blended along with our intentions and actions to create an illusion of a seamless, linear experience. If so, what that means for our experience of volition is ... challenging.

I'd take the above experiment as potentially supportive of that overall view; if, when our available sensory input can't be sensibly integrated into our normal body-centered view, the process by which our narrative is generated shifts in this manner to try and provide at least some kind of conscious experience.

Quote:
I stepped on a nail, and I needed to get a shot, I don't know how to spell the word for the shot, so please fill free to place that any your reply.

A shot for tetanus is definitely worth taking seriously. The Wikipedia article lists the main treatments.

Quote:
I came across BrainGate, a machine that can communicate with thought.

That's a little exaggerated; BrainGate and similar machines really aren't that exotic. In a sense, they are "just" more sophisticated versions of the classic EEG biofeedback rigs, except that the feedback training is used to learn to control assistive devices rather than one's own autonomic systems.

That said, it's interesting to imagine where such things will lead, especially in the context of the idea of a technological singularity (which is the theme of the book Distress I referred to above, as well as of Vernor Vinge's new novel Rainbow's End which I am eagerly looking forward to).

Quote:
If she is a fake, then I must be as well, and everything she talks about, falls right into what I had experience, or what I have read about.

This woman is almost certainly a cunning confidence trickster, as such people tend to be. Having had such an "unexplained" experience does provide an opening for such folk to ply their psychological bags of tricks on you. That does not, however, invalidate or diminish your personal experiences.

IP Logged

Rama
Technoluster

You don't appreciate Backup
until you get burned.

Reply #9 - Oct 21st, 2007 at 9:35pm

In some of the East Indian Religious beliefs, one of the most significant one is the recording of everything that happens - thoughts, emotions, actions being recorded and some of the psychics being able to retrieve the information just like rewind and playing a DVD in three dimensions. It is sometimes called recording in Astral Light. Of course dealing with future events is a totally different matter due to multivarious factors which play in determining the future.

Also there have been questions about mediums contacting entities and there are writings about the questions raised about whether the entities are dead people or their mindless remnants or something else. Research goes on and there seems to be no definite conclusions.

I do not know if there is a mechanism to safeguard against loss or corruption of the recordings. This is a question that has never been raised.

mkr

IP Logged

tim484848
N00b

I Love Radified!

Dayton,Ohio

Reply #10 - Oct 23rd, 2007 at 12:16am

I believe it is possible, as it is possible, for somebody to have a picture in their minds that is so clear, almost to the point that it behaves real, and too close for most people comfort zone, especially if you have a hard time comprehending things on a fast pace, ex specially things that hit so close to home. I don't believe in a lot of things that is out there further than this or that, but I honestly believe that she has a gift that comes to her so natural, in ways that end up getting her lots of hugs.

Try this experiment, if you have the time.

Go to the mall at Spensor gifts, or something like it, and buy one of those balls that shows electric in it, just by touching that friction of movement you feel feat, and if you take a copper wire ring around that ball, you would get shocked, because energy is all around us, and if you are in the field of science, you know the content of energy can not be destroyed, it can only change form, and with magnetic fields the way the are with all other fields of education, we honestly can not out rule this possibility. Does Lisa Williams have the ability to touch out side the glass, from placebo to reality, because the picture, or the feeling has always been there, just like I propose with my idea to communicate with future trained out of body afterlife, in a way that can be measured on the Internet.

Thank you for reading my thoughts,

Tim

Just because you don't understand it, does not make it UN-true.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Reply #11 - Nov 3rd, 2007 at 12:51am

tim484848

Saw this on the news last week--thought it might be of interest:

Out-of-Body Experiences: Brainy Clues

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

tim484848
N00b

I Love Radified!

Dayton,Ohio

Reply #12 - Nov 3rd, 2007 at 2:43am

Thank you for that information. Too bad he did not have a complete out of body experience, I wonder if he has ever had one before.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print