HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Auto Restore (Read 2984 times)
sir_italia
Ex Member

Auto Restore
Nov 20th, 2007 at 1:34am

Hi I have made a norton network boot disk and it all works it connects to the cghost cast server and i choose everything that i want. But I am just wondering if there is a way to make an auto restore disk which i can boot the client up from and walk away and it does the rest. The session name is always the same the image is selected on the server and the number of clients is set on the server.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Auto Restore
Reply #1 - Nov 20th, 2007 at 9:34am

sir_italia

What version of Ghost are you using?

Quote:
I am just wondering if there is a way to make an auto restore disk which i can boot the client up from and walk away and it does the rest

Probably can be done!  But, not too many who post here have experience with the corporate Ghost and/or using Ghost over a network...including me!

I think you could do it one of two ways:

1.  Use the automation cloning switches on the client boot disk that specifies the network share location of the image file you want to use as the source and then specify the client as the destination.  (See example #4 of this FAQ:  Switches: Cloning)

2.  I think you can define the restore to the client as a GhostCast *session*--if you pull the image from the GhostCast server, you would specify a *session* name with the automation cloning switches on the client boot disk, and the Ghost Server would then have the source for the image specified in the *session*, etc. etc.... (See example #11 of the FAQ:  Switches: Cloning)

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

sir_italia
Ex Member

Re: Auto Restore
Reply #2 - Nov 20th, 2007 at 3:27pm

Thanxs for the info going to try it now.
I am using the ghost solution suite the newest one

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print