Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
how to restore partition to raw file system which cannot accessed ! (Read 7000 times)
help
Ex Member

how to restore partition to raw file system which cannot accessed !
Dec 29th, 2007 at 7:53am

Hello:

mystem is winxp ,ntfs.

I start my computer today but cannot start even in safe mode or last known good configuration,then I use my ghost image want to restore to it ,but the target drive is not accessible,it show the byte information but in gray ,that mean cannot click into the drive,then now I use pebuider to connect the internet,in my computer c drive become unaccessible ,file sytem become,raw,and data is 0 byte.what can I do now,my image is quite new ,therefore I need not recover data from the raw drive by other recovery file software ,only want to restore the image to it by the gho image.what can I do ,I have acronis drive director,and the c drive show it here,when exploring it files also intact,then does I need to format the partition ,if I format it ,will the ghost 2003 can see and access the drive again?I am imexperience like thise situation,and want someone can help me dicide on how to do,I have this kind of raw system before,but not on drive c,why that happen?this partition is the only one have problem ,drive e which is the other half of this harddisk have no problem accessing files.what the problem,I need someone help me,thanks in advance  

what can I do to make the window xp boot again without needing to restore from ghost image,or if the only method is restore ,how can I make the c partition appear as normal and canbe accessed through the browse for target drive dialog?
I am  not dare to format partition c,because if it has create more problem and make restore ghost image more complex,I am worrisome!

I also have tried the partition table doctor ,it show my c drive and when browse root the files/folder shown up intact.use the rebuild MBR and also fixboot,reboot computer still the black screen of unbootable .and have other choice boot from safe mode.
but it also prompt me to fix the error,something like:error:the total sectors of the partition 2 on harddisk 1 is 93648055.the right total sectors is 93948057.Do you want to correct the error?(it is the e drive that is accessible,and it share the same harddisk with c drive)when I click ok to fix this error,I am fear because the partition e become dissapear in the partition doctor table,only left c drive shown up in the 1 disk,therefore I do not save the changes after this operation because I fear all the data in disk e will be formatted, erased!not know what the problem,but when using ghost application,the c drive can be browse normally when browse for the source image to restore from,but cannot accessed only when b rowse for the target partition to restore to.strange
!!!

I have enter recovery console using window cd,type "diskpart /",then the drive c shown as cannot recognised partition.
then type "chkdsk"it show checking at first ,but after 25% completion ,it hangs without any word indication,therefore I reboot computer esc the black hanging screen.
the partition even cannot be recognized by window cd. Undecided

thanks you for the patience to read my words,they are too boring!

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: how to restore partition to raw file system which cannot accessed !
Reply #1 - Dec 29th, 2007 at 8:58am

help

Quote:
I start my computer today but cannot start even in safe mode or last known good configuration

What were you doing yesterday--install/uninstall software?...change settings?....experiment with some utility or tool?...remember anything that might suggest what caused your current problem?

Quote:
then I use my ghost image want to restore to it ,but the target drive is not accessible,it show the byte information but in gray ,that mean cannot click into the drive

You said you are using Ghost 2003, and have a recent backup *gho* image file--where is that image file stored--on what media?  

Is the image file of just the C:\ partition, or is it of the whole HDD including the E:\ partition?

Are you booting to DOS from a floppy drive to load Ghost?

Quote:
I also have tried the partition table doctor ,it show my c drive and when browse root the files/folder shown up intact

Sounds like the partition, its data, and the physical HDD is intact--but some aspect of the boot sequence is corrupted--perhaps one of the boot files has been corrupted for some reason.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

help
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 29th, 2007 at 7:35pm

today computer automatically chkdsk,and correct and delete some wrong files itself,therefore computer boot normally again,do you think it is neccessary to periodically check disk health,because sometimes ago one disk also dissapear like this,to prevent this from happen,what should be done?because even ghost correct when disk is inaccessible.

I have installed a software before this happen,do you think it is virus caused.My ghost image used to store in external hard disk,and I have tried both dos and pebuider to load ghost,still cannot access.usually I use partition backup rather than whole disk.

thanks your pls,thanks!

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Reply #3 - Dec 29th, 2007 at 8:58pm

help

Quote:
today computer automatically chkdsk,and correct and delete some wrong files itself,therefore computer boot normally again,do you think it is neccessary to periodically check disk health,because sometimes ago one disk also dissapear like this,to prevent this from happen,what should be done?

Can't be sure, but something similar happened to a friend's computer--turned out to be a memory stick that was not making good contact and causing an intermittent fault that caused the HDD to generate a *bad cluster*.  After re-seating the memory module, the system had functioned fine!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print