Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
New Board Features (Read 56760 times)
NightOwl
Ex Member

Re: New Board Features
Reply #15 - Jan 21st, 2008 at 2:14pm

Rad

The *default* size listed for the *blk_gry3d* css template is *12* for the *Message Text*.

Here's 12 font size!

Here's 14 font size!

Here's 16 font size!

Here's 18 font size!

I used the font size selection in the reply box to *over-ride* the *default* 12 font size!

Looks like you automatically get *bold* at size 18.

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Reply #16 - Jan 21st, 2008 at 5:22pm

I am doing textarea, which is where I'm writing right now, in the PostREply box.

I already increased the readable part of the post.

Now I'd like to make the text in the Reply box bigger, but it still seems small.

Yeah, the readable text looks okay to me.

I think we're confusing different things. Or I am.

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #17 - Jan 21st, 2008 at 10:11pm

I am in your style now. Your readable text is bigger, but the text in the PostReply box is still small (where I'm typing right now). I thot you were able to tweak that bigger, but I must've misunderstood.

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #18 - Jan 21st, 2008 at 10:13pm

I also deleted that big "YaBB 2.2" graphic (the YaBB 2.2 logo), which was taking up lotsa space.

IP Logged

Nigel Bree
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Jan 21st, 2008 at 11:41pm

By the way guys, since the thread is titled "New Board Features" let me express my pleasure at seeing the wonderful orange RSS logo appear... I'm really looking forward to being able to get the forum content into my feeds and on my Google home page. Everything else feature-wise comes a dim distant second behind that!

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Reply #20 - Jan 22nd, 2008 at 1:16am

Rad

Quote:
I am in your style now. Your readable text is bigger, but the text in the PostReply box is still small (where I'm typing right now). I thot you were able to tweak that bigger, but I must've misunderstood.

No, you didn't misunderstand!  When I first went to your new test install of the 2.2 forum, the *Text Area* font size did change the font in the Reply box--but now something has changed and it does not respond--just like the old forum!

I suspect you have done a number of changes, but the one I know of was the modification to the template file to increase the text reply box size.  Do a search for any *Textarea* statements that define the font size associated with the text box--if there is one in that template file, it is probably over-riding the css sheet! 

That's the only thing I can think of--maybe you know of some other change(s) that might be related?!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Reply #21 - Jan 22nd, 2008 at 1:25am

Rad

Looks like the *re-direct* to the old 1.4 forum has rearranged the whole forum--does that sound like what has happened?

____________________________________________________________________________________________

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Reply #22 - Jan 22nd, 2008 at 10:08am

Rad

Last night when I first saw the new updated forum--it looked like the forum thread dates stopped at over 1 1/2 years ago!  I'm thinking that the update somehow only brought in the old 1.4 forum threads!

When you updated from 1.4 to 2.1, you brought all the 1.4 threads into the new 2.1 forum, but didn't you maintain the old 1.4 forum as well?  Could the update have pulled in that old forum only, rather than the 2.1 data?

I looked for the old forum just now, and it looks like it now redirects to the new 2.2 forum!

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Reply #23 - Jan 22nd, 2008 at 10:15am

Nigel Bree

Quote:
let me express my pleasure at seeing the wonderful orange RSS logo appear...

That RSS appears in the *Forum default* template, but is not there in the *default template* Rad has defined for the forum--i.e. *blk_gry3d*!

I don't know if that feature will be available unless you use the *Forum default* template!?

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Reply #24 - Jan 22nd, 2008 at 10:24am

Rad

Regarding possible forum *glitches*--this is a minor issue, but it appears to be a *broken* feature:

In the User Profile area, PM Preferences, Ignorelist--the link *Check here to select or add users to Ignore List* does not function!

The status bar at the bottom of the browser says *javascript:void(0);* when you hover over it, and after clicking is says *Error on page*.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Reply #25 - Jan 22nd, 2008 at 10:30am

Rad

Regarding the font size for the *Reply Box*:

Looking at the *View-Source* for that page, here is the page that is governing that page:

Quote:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">
<head>
<title>Radified Community Forums - Post Reply</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://radified.com/yabb22files/Templates/Forum/blk_gry3d-medium_font.css" type="text/css" />

Searching for *testarea*, I find this:

Quote:
<textarea name="message" id="message" rows="12" cols="90" style="height: 195px; width: 568px; font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; padding: 5px; margin: 0px; visibility: visible;" onclick="javascript:storeCaret(this);" onkeyup="javascript:storeCaret(this);" onchange="javascript:storeCaret(this);" tabindex="4"></textarea>

I'm sure that font statement is over-riding what's in the css style sheet--which currently is *17px*!

So, wherever that template statement is residing or being created is what's effecting the font size in the reply box!

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #26 - Jan 22nd, 2008 at 1:50pm

I'm guessing those other things should be fixable. I probably shouldn't have used the old "Variables" (Y2.1) with the new forum (Y2.2). Lesson learned.

Maybe, after I get back all the posts/threads and members, I look into going back to Y2.2 variables.

Somebody suggested keeping Y2.2. variables, but it was too late. I had already overwritten.

A few of the files are giving me problems when trying to up. Invariably, these are all very LARGE files .. relatively speaking. Moxt *.txt posts are a few KB (3-8). Problem files are ~100KB. Might be a lesson there.

But only 3 or 4 have had problems upping .. out of 35K posts. Here are some of the problem files:

1144131251.txt
1131831389.txt
1117736753.txt
1116434248.txt

these files have to be transferred individually. It's definitely these big files that are causing problems with the batch transfers. 100KB is a *lot* of text.

Maybe we should lower the "9999" character setting limit.

IP Logged

John.
Übermensch

Reply #27 - Jan 22nd, 2008 at 3:38pm

Are all the templates valid with this release?  I've tried various ones, looking for ones with larger text and compose-window fonts.  (I have a wide flat screen so everything tends to look on the small side.)

Thanks for your efforts!

Ghost4me  Ghost 9, 10, 12, 14, 15.  Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Reply #28 - Jan 23rd, 2008 at 9:16am

Ghost4me

Quote:
Are all the templates valid with this release?

I don't think so.  I will take a look at updating those--hopefully later today!

Quote:
(I have a wide flat screen so everything tends to look on the small side.)

I have the same issue!  My home system is using 1680 X 1050 resolution.  I use an older LCD at the place were I work and the resolution there is 1024 X 768--the forum size looks much larger on the lower resolution system for the same forum font size setting!

IP Logged

John.
Übermensch

Reply #29 - Jan 23rd, 2008 at 11:54am

NightOwl wrote on Jan 23rd, 2008 at 9:16am:
I have the same issue!  My home system is using 1680 X 1050 resolution.  I use an older LCD at the place were I work and the resolution there is 1024 X 768--the forum size looks much larger on the lower resolution system for the same forum font size setting!

We're in same boat.  I'm using 1680 x 1050 Dell lcd.

One other small difference (I'm not complaining here, just observing):  The email notification Subject line now just says "Topic Reply", whereas the old version showed the subject of the forum thread in the email title, which was more informative.

Ghost4me  Ghost 9, 10, 12, 14, 15.  Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print