Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
New Board Features (Read 56737 times)
NightOwl
Ex Member

New Board Features
Jan 15th, 2008 at 9:38am

Rad

Like the color scheme!  But, during Registration--it was hard to see the validation code--almost not enough contrast to pick out the letters from the *chaff*--I'll look at that again from a poorer monitor later this morning to see if it's a problem!

Regarding picking a User ID--it appears so far that the User ID is in fact *hidden* from display in the status line at the bottom of the browser window--so that info is now not displayed!

Also, it wasn't until the verification email that it is explained that you can sign in with any of the three identification info that one provides:

Quote:
You can log in using your displayname (NightOwl), your Email address, or your user ID (**********).

Also, during Registration it states that you can not use the same User ID as your Display Name--and registration fails if you attempt it.  But, in the User Profile, once logged in, it suggests that you can change your *Display Name* to match your *User ID* name--suggesting only that it's not advisable--but if you attempt that--you get a message that the *Display Name* is already in use--but in fact it's the *User ID* that's already in use!:

Quote:
For security reasons, it's not advisable to have your displayed name the same as your login ID.

It should say you can not use the same name as as your User ID--or any one else's User ID or Display Name!  Oh, well--maybe I'm being *picky, picky*!

This morning, at least, the new forum seems to respond slowly compared to the old forum software--don't know if that will be an issue going forward or not!

IP Logged

NightOwl
Ex Member

Re: New Board Features
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2008 at 10:02am

Rad

What does the *User CP* stand for?!!!!

And, it says when you go there:

Quote:
Your current settings:

Online/Offline Status:  'Online/Offline'

Notifications: 'Always Email'

I can not find anyplace to select those settings--are they in the *Admin* area?

In the *Profile* area, one can select different *Private Messages* options (PM preferences)--one of which is email notifications--but the above status (Always Email) is not what I have listed in the *PM preferences*!

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Reply #2 - Jan 15th, 2008 at 12:13pm

You have found more tidbits of info than I have.

I installed & changed the default forum template back to the original one we were using at the 2.1 board .. I found one designed for 2.1(which works with 2.2).

But I used the gfx from the "black" template, so I can tell easier *which* forum I'm at. (It can get confusing.).

I tweaked the captcha challenge gfx to make it easier to see.

"CP" I would guess is Control Panel.

I'll tweak the reg note to reflect your discoveries about log-in.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 15th, 2008 at 12:50pm

Rad

YES!  They fixed it!  The reply text font size can now be made larger in the Admin area using the *Forum Layout--Style Sheet and Template Configuration* sections!

I have added a new template for tired, older eyes (!)--*blk_gry3d-medium_font*, that can be selected in the *Profile--Options* area!

IP Logged

NightOwl
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jan 15th, 2008 at 12:59pm

Rad

Quote:
"CP" I would guess is Control Panel.

That appears to be correct.  It says *NightOwl's Control Panel* just above the status box information--it may have said that before, and I just missed it.

Quote:
I tweaked the capcha gfx to make it easier to see.

I'm on a lower quality monitor right now, and the validation code is much easier to see than it was on my home system--I'll re-check that later today when I'm home again.

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #5 - Jan 15th, 2008 at 4:38pm

On the captcha challenge I lowered the setting from 2 to 1, and played with the colors.  Do you think it's *too* easy?

We'll see how registration goes.

I noticed your new blk_gry3d_medium CSS file.

I also tweaked the standard one to increase most of the smaller font sizes .. but can't say for sure I notice any increase.

You seem to have a handle on the styling mechanism.

The main font in the posts .. where do you change that one?

Didn't we go round and round looking for where to tweak the other font, but found instead the main forum font?

How did we tweak that? I like it bigger.

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #6 - Jan 15th, 2008 at 6:21pm

Okay. Now it looks bigger. I kept tweaking stuff til it got bigger.

I think last time, we needed to edit a *.pm file (Perl).

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #7 - Jan 16th, 2008 at 1:01am

I made the PostReply box bigger. I increase the width by 33% and the height by 50%.

http://www.yabbforum.com/community/YaBB.pl?num=1200437621

IP Logged

NightOwl
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jan 16th, 2008 at 11:24am

Rad

Quote:
The main font in the posts .. where do you change that one?

*Forum Layout/Style Sheet*--select the style sheet you want to edit in the drop down box, then in the *Elements* selection box, scroll down to *Message Text (.message)* item, then select the size font you want.

You have to save that change.  And, then I had to close my browser and reopen it to see the changes--probably could simply do a browser *refresh* to get the new sizes!

Quote:
I think last time, we needed to edit a *.pm file (Perl).

We were never able to fix the *reply box font size* issue--the message box font size was changed using the Style Sheet noted above.

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #9 - Jan 20th, 2008 at 11:50pm

what is the name of the settings in css that allows me to increase then size of the reply text?

when i bumped up ther size of the reply box in the regular forum template,did that also increase what you see in your *_medium stye?

IP Logged

NightOwl
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jan 21st, 2008 at 8:48am

Rad

Quote:
what is the name of the settings in css that allows me to increase then size of the reply text?

On the Style Sheet, down at the bottom below *Elements* in the list box--you want *Text Area (Textarea)*.  You have to re-fresh or re-start the browser to see the changes when you go back to the forum proper.

Quote:
when i bumped up ther size of the reply box in the regular forum template,did that also increase what you see in your *_medium stye?

The size of the reply box appears to be the same with all the different templates to choose from in the User CP Profile Options choices--I don't have anything else to compare too, but it does look wider than the original.

In the Yabb2.1, the reply box could be re-sized using a Mod that you installed--*AC Update Dimensions*--

Quote:
Width (in pixels) of the Message posting textarea:  550

Height (in pixels) of the Message posting textarea:  166

Plus, there are a couple other elements that can be adjusted as well.

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #11 - Jan 21st, 2008 at 1:37pm

Hmm. Setting the textarea to 13px doesn't seem to do anything. Maybe I need to close my browser first b4 I can see any changes.

IP Logged

Spanky
Radmeister

Rad's non-Admin Test profile
in Seamonkey

Same as Rad

Reply #12 - Jan 21st, 2008 at 1:56pm

Test. Still small. Let's try setting it to 14px.

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #13 - Jan 21st, 2008 at 2:00pm

Test. This still seems small.

Doesn't seem as if setting it to 14px did anything.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jan 21st, 2008 at 2:08pm

Rad

Are you changing *Text Area (Textarea)* or *Message Text (.message)?

*Text Area* will be for the reply box.

*Message Text* will be the message font size as seen in the regular posting of the message.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print