Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Any missing posts or threads following upgrade? (Read 88159 times)
Nigel Bree
Ex Member

Re: Any missing posts or threads following upgrade?
Reply #15 - Jan 23rd, 2008 at 5:16pm

John. wrote on Jan 23rd, 2008 at 5:04pm:
Must have been an optical illusion.  sorry.

No, it definitely wasn't there in some templates (I was looking at the page source). Rad's probably just quick at fixing it!

IP Logged

John.
Übermensch

Reply #16 - Jan 23rd, 2008 at 5:24pm

It is definitely missing from the "blkgry_3d_large" template.  However, this template isn't black and grey anymore, but white/blue/black scheme.

Ghost4me  Ghost 9, 10, 12, 14, 15.  Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Reply #17 - Jan 23rd, 2008 at 10:07pm

I finally figured out how to lighten the color of the text where it says:

"Reply, Add Poll, Notify of replies, Add to My Favorites, Send Topic, Print, Mark as Unread"

I made it a light-gray (used to be hard-to-see black). And I got rid of bold text.

Ppl were having trouble seeing that in Y2.1

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #18 - Jan 23rd, 2008 at 10:53pm

5. Changed the color of the font you're reaing right now .. from eyeball-searing white (#FFFFFF) to light-gray (#DDDDDD). Makes the text easier to read, no? Less harsh on the eyes.

6. changed the hover color of links inside quotes from white (which was hard to see on light-colored background) to black. Kept the underline on hover.

7. Added a link to the home page at the bottom of every page,including a affiliate link toLunarpages. (I get $60 if somebody signs up with Lunarpages using my ID "Radboy".)

All these mods, by the way, only affect the default blk_gry3d stylesheet + HTML template. I don't know if they affect NightOwl's *_medium styles.

I'm thinking of making the color of the yellow-orange main link here less yellow and more orange. Have to see how it would look on these backgrounds.

8. Okay, what do you think of these orange links? Seems to blend a little better than the less-subtle yellowish-orange we had b4.

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #19 - Jan 24th, 2008 at 12:05am

9. Changed color of links to Moderators from dull "teal" to a shade of green sampled off the 5 light-green moderator stars. See Magoo's post here:

http://radified.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1201037955/8#8

Maybe I'll wander over to BoardMod and see what cool mods they have available for YaBB v2.2.

http://www.boardmod.org/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=newsy22

What about the Quick-Quote mod:

http://www.boardmod.org/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=newsy22;action=display;num=1197002973...

Or the Quick Reply box?

http://www.boardmod.org/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=newsy22;action=display;num=1197002973

Sound like something we might like?

IP Logged

Nigel Bree
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Jan 24th, 2008 at 4:53am

It's all looking really attractive, Rad. To be honest the other mods don't seem like a big improvement compared to just what we've already got with this upgrade. I mostly use 1920x1200 screens and it's all looking great to me.

The forum-nav when viewing an individual post in blk_gry3d is definitely still missing in action; in the "Forum Default" template it's a little table just above a <script> tag, itself just about the "Navigation Bar" commented section that contains the mod list.

In the blk_gry3d template though, where it should be underneath the "seperator" (sic) div and the same script tag and "Navigation Bar" section it's missing. Mostly it's not a problem since I just use browser back button, it's more noticeable after replying. Smiley

Otherwise though, it's a nice upgrade all around.

IP Logged

John.
Übermensch

Reply #21 - Jan 24th, 2008 at 8:21am

Rad,  now I figured it out:

If you are NOT logged in, the bottom navigation bar is missing.  Not sure what template that uses, but it is gone.

IP Logged

John.
Übermensch

Reply #22 - Jan 24th, 2008 at 8:37am

Here's a new (related) quirk:

1. If you are on the home page and click on one of the 4 boards, the top and bottom navigation bar IS THERE.

2. However, if you are on the home page and click on one of the "last post" links (one for each board), then the page that displays does NOT have the top or bottom navigation bar.

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #23 - Jan 24th, 2008 at 8:45am

okay, i'll look into that stuff this weekend.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Reply #24 - Jan 24th, 2008 at 11:09am

Rad

Quote:
okay, i'll look into that stuff this weekend.

Do you think we should start separate threads for each issue--I'm afraid when there are multiple tweaks or issues buried in a single thread that some of them eventually get lost--what do you think?

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Reply #25 - Jan 24th, 2008 at 11:41am

Rad

Quote:
I finally figured out how to lighten the color of the text where it says:

"Reply, Add Poll, Notify of replies, Add to My Favorites, Send Topic, Print, Mark as Unread"

I made it a light-gray (used to be hard-to-see black). And I got rid of bold text.

Ppl were having trouble seeing that in Y2.1

That is much more readable!  But....

Quote:
All these mods, by the way, only affect the default blk_gry3d stylesheet + HTML template. I don't know if they affect NightOwl's *_medium styles.

Apparently it does not--what file(s) are you modifying?--it must be specific to a give template!

Here's a screen shot of the message page when using the *blk_gry3d-medium_font* template:

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #26 - Jan 24th, 2008 at 10:16pm

First, I restored the "breadcrumbs" to the bottom of the thread posts. Long story, but I used a Y2.2 template with blk_gry3d, which is Y2.1 based. Returned to Y2.1 *.template and breadcrumbs magically re-appeared (at bottom of each page).

Trying to get breadcrumbs to top of page, but more research req'd there.

Breadcrumbs are:

Radified Community Forums › Radified Community Non-Technical Discussion Board › General Discussion Board

John, can you see where we are with new breadcrumbs, since I tweaked, and where we are still lacking?

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #27 - Jan 24th, 2008 at 10:34pm

NightOwl,

all these changes are made to theb blk_gry3d.css file.

You could try copying the entire contents and pasting into your CSS file.

Make a back-up first, in case it breaks your design .. tho it should work fine.

Then, just tweak your sizes from there.

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #28 - Jan 24th, 2008 at 10:39pm

Quote:
Do you think we should start separate threads for each issue--I'm afraid when there are multiple tweaks or issues buried in a single thread that some of them eventually get lost--what do you think?

You mean, when multiple issues develop in a single thread? I refer to that as "hijacking a thread".

That is personal call/preference.

We have a "split" button.

Personally, I lean in the "organic" direction .. allowing things to develop on their own .. avoiding too much "structure" .. after working for years in the nuclear industry, where everything is very structured .. but it is easy to see how threads dedicated to a single topic can get more focused attention .. yes.

So I probably wouldn't, but can see how it would be a good thing if you did. =)

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #29 - Jan 24th, 2008 at 10:53pm

Hi.

Quick note on MODS.

Seems YaBB v2.2 was not ready for prime time when it was released back on Nov 8th .. but this was (exactly) 2 years from the release of Y2.1, so that's why they wanted to release it on Nov 8th. (See the '2' theme? > Y2.2 at 2 years)

Anyway, that's why I waited 2 1/2 months. I read lotsa horror stories about the upgrade. And I also included all the PATCHES released up to Jan 21st. Most of the files contained in Y2.2 have been tweaked since the official release. So I have almost kinda/sorta Y2.2.1

Eventually, YaBB will release an official Y2.2.1, with all bug fixes. Nobody will give an ETA, tho.

That will be the *real* release that Y2.2 shoulda been.

Until then, I'm reluctant to install many mods. Cuz any mods installed prior to official Y2.2.1 may not work with new code, and I'll have to massage the mods into the upgrade. (Have to first unistall all mods, then upgrade with new files, then re-install all mods).

So, just a note on mods. Until official Y2.2.1, I'm hesitant to install mods.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print