Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Any missing posts or threads following upgrade? (Read 88153 times)
John.
Übermensch

Re: Any missing posts or threads following upgrade?
Reply #30 - Jan 24th, 2008 at 11:40pm

Rad wrote on Jan 24th, 2008 at 10:16pm:
First, I restored the "breadcrumbs" to the bottom of the thread posts. Long story, but I used a Y2.2 template with blk_gry3d, which is Y2.1 based. Returned to Y2.1 *.template and breadcrumbs magically re-appeared (at bottom of each page).
Trying to get breadcrumbs to top of page, but more research req'd there.
Breadcrumbs are:
Radified Community Forums › Radified Community Non-Technical Discussion Board › General Discussion Board
John, can you see where we are with new breadcrumbs, since I tweaked, and where we are still lacking?

Thanks again for everything.  When you are NOT logged in, I saw the breadcrumbs (navigation).  However, when opening a thread, the breadcrumb displays at the bottom of the long page/thread, but NOT at the top.  It displays both top and bottom when looking at a board.

I'll have to look more when logged in depending upon the template.  I'm assuming all the changes are only being made to blk_gry3d. 

(Currently I am using blk_gry3d-med_font because it displays slightly larger.  I understand that all your changes don't apply to all templates.  Honestly I don't see how you or any administrator could possibly tweak all of them.  So many thanks again for your and NightOwl efforts at updating.  What a chore!)

Ghost4me  Ghost 9, 10, 12, 14, 15.  Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Reply #31 - Jan 25th, 2008 at 10:39pm

Well, I think NightOwl can copy-n-paste my tweaked style sheet into HIS style, and then update the font size, and any other tweaks he prefers.

You should know that I *did* bump up the size of the display font in the blk_gry3d. Tho I guess NightOwl's is even bigger. My eyes are not great, but I can see text on the std template fine.

FYI, I'm trying to tweak the template to allow both top + bottom breadcrumbs in posts:

http://www.yabbforum.com/community/YaBB.pl?num=1201231485

blk_gry3d is a Y2.1 template .. tho they work with Y2.2, yet I'd imagine there are *some* diffs. I returned to Y2.1 Display.template. The Advertising mod which I use modifies this file.

I was trying to use a Y2.2 Display.template with blk_gry3d. Templates seem to come as a package deal .. containing 6 different files. including *.HTML and *.css.

I don't think there's a diff between the blk_gry3d display.template and the default used in Y2.1

The mod is not configured to modify Display.template file except ones used for default Y2.1 and Y2.2 (not blk_gry3d) .. so I have to use either default Y2.1, Y2.2 or manually edit the one for blk_gry3d.

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #32 - Jan 28th, 2008 at 11:21pm

We now have breadcrumbs back at the TOP of each post/thread page (and also on the bottom) ..in the blk_gry3d template.

Edited:
Nevermind. Long story. Breadcrumbs just at the top.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Reply #33 - Jan 29th, 2008 at 1:01am

Rad

How did you do that?!  What file required the modifications?

The *blk_gry3d-large_font* also has the the *crumbs* at the top and bottom--and I did not have to re-do the css or templates using your *blk_gry3d* as a baseline.

I figured I'd have to re-do them every time you tweaked that *blk_gry3d* basic template, but apparently not--cool!

Thank you for fixing that feature--I used (and now use) it a lot!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Reply #34 - Jan 29th, 2008 at 1:10am

Rad

Are you still tweaking the *crumbs*?  They look great in the individual threads at the top and bottom with the *Moderators* on a separate line underneath.

But, on the Board index page, you now have the *crumbs* listed twice--and the *Moderators* are on the same line as the *crumbs* until the line warps to the next line of text--that needs fixin'--and making it like what's in the individual thread is a *cleaner* look--i.e. separate line for *Moderators* below the *crumbs* line.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #35 - Jan 29th, 2008 at 8:42am

Oops.

I followed instructions here:

http://www.yabbforum.com/community/YaBB.pl?num=1201546540

Think I know how to fix. Lemme try.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Reply #36 - Jan 29th, 2008 at 8:56am

Rad

Just noticed--you must be tweaking--but lost the bottom *crumbs* again on the thread page!

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Reply #37 - Jan 29th, 2008 at 8:59am

Rad

And, *Moderators* gone from top on thread index page plus no bottom *crumbs* or *Moderators* on that index page!

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Reply #38 - Jan 29th, 2008 at 9:02am

Rad

And, now there appears to be a new element at the top of the index page--a box showing the board name and the description--I don't remember that being there before--maybe I had just ignored it in the past--can't remember!

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #39 - Jan 29th, 2008 at 9:04am

I had to replace the Y2.1 templates with Y2.2 templates (*.template files).

The current config is default for Y2.2.

I don't think we need moderators listed, as mods will still be mods whether listed or not.

And on the YaBB forum itself, where they use the default, there are no breadcrumbs listed at the bottom, which is normal.

It would be nice to have them also listed at bottom, but not necessary. Top-of-the-page navigation is more standard.

Any other anomalies?

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #40 - Jan 29th, 2008 at 9:10am

Quote:
And, now there appears to be a new element at the top of the index page--a box showing the board name and the description--I don't remember that being there before--maybe I had just ignored it in the past--can't remember!

Yeah, I noticed that. Must be part of Y2.2 default template.

I like it. As an overview. How 'bout you?

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Reply #41 - Jan 29th, 2008 at 9:13am

Rad

Quote:
I don't think we need moderators listed, as mods will still be mods whether listed or not.

And on the YaBB forum itself, where they use the default, there are no breadcrumbs listed at the bottom, which is normal.

Moderators--no big deal--never click on those anyway!

But the *crumbs* at both top and bottom are handy feature--used that all the time when I got to the bottom of the long page of posts--didn't have to scroll back up to the top.

The *default* forum template has navigation *Buttons* at the bottom so you can return one level to the board index or to the main forum page--I don't see that on your template!

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #42 - Jan 29th, 2008 at 9:16am

okay. i will check.

it's prolly gonna be something in *.html file (blk_gry3d.html), cuz everything else (allother files) are default Y2.2

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #43 - Jan 29th, 2008 at 1:44pm

Okay, I added to the bottom of every page:

1. "Breadcrumbs" [Radified Community Forums › Radified Community Technical Discussion Boards (Hardware + Software-related) › Non-Ghost Related Technical Discussion Board › Thread_Name]
2. "Forum Jump" navigation [drop down menu aligned-right]
3. "Go Back" navigation [<Home <<Board .. aligned-left]

The associated code was added to the blk_gry3d.html file, so they're added to *every* page.

I removed the BOLD text style from the breadcrumbs, as that seemed like too much.

Also changed breadcrumbs text from white to gray (#CCCCCC) and made it slightly smaller (from 13px to 12px).

I'm getting experience blending Y2.2 templates with Y2.1 designs. Beginning to think it's easier to style my own design beginning with Y2.2 default templates.

That should be it. Anything else?

I also tried to change the "Remaining characters" number on the Post/Reply page from (hard-to-see) black to white .. and I can *do* that .. but not without changing OTHER black text to white .. for things we want to remain black. Not a big deal, but at least I tried.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Reply #44 - Jan 31st, 2008 at 10:00am

Rad

Quote:
Also changed breadcrumbs text from white to gray (#CCCCCC) and made it slightly smaller (from 13px to 12px).

*White*?!  I thought the *crumbs* where previously the orange color like all the other text that are clickable links, like selecting a given board or a individual thread on the board index page--in most areas *white* text is informational, and the orange text is a clickable link--seems more consistent to make the *crumbs* match other clickable links--I can zero in on the line faster--otherwise the *white* just looks like other informational text!

Just a thought!

Quote:
I also tried to change the "Remaining characters" number on the Post/Reply page from (hard-to-see) black to white .. and I can *do* that .. but not without changing OTHER black text to white .. for things we want to remain black. Not a big deal, but at least I tried.

Just curious--where else does that font color change--I only see additional black font in the reply box and drop down menu listings--is that where that font color also is changed?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print