Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Intel Matrix Storage Manager issues (Read 2986 times)
Cardstar
Ex Member

Intel Matrix Storage Manager issues
Jan 24th, 2008 at 5:59am

We have just got in some new laptops and I intended to create an image then ghost the other laptops as usual but it did not work..

What was happening was if the laptop had not been turned on and was booted strait from the stick Ghost would be fine, but if you had turned on the laptop and gone through the windows setup from that point on it would crash when being booted from the stick, doing it from the server was the same.

Looking into it it seems that the Intel motherboard was loading something called the 'Intel matrix storage manager' when it was started and this was what was crashing the ghost though I have found no was round this. You can’t uninstall it and it installs automatically when its first started.

Does anyone have any ideas / seen it before and fixed it?

Edit: Its Ghost V11

IP Logged

Cardstar
Ex Member

Re: Intel Matrix Storage Manager issues
Reply #1 - Jan 30th, 2008 at 6:05am

Seems nobody can help Cry

IP Logged

kickin
N00b

I Love Radified!

USA

Re: Intel Matrix Storage Manager issues
Reply #2 - Mar 26th, 2008 at 2:01pm

i guess i'm a little late to the party... however try to see if your BIOS supports AHCI. If so, it should have an option to change it to DISABLED or possibly COMPATIBILITY. Once you do this, you should be able to boot the system.

I have IBM T60/61 series that require this to be set to COMPATIBILITY mode until I boot them and install the Intel Matrix RAID driver. Once installed, it should be OK to enable AHCI mode again.

On another note, I have to play "swap the HAL" with my image as well otherwise you will not see both processors in device manager. If you need help on this, let me know.

Hope this helps  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print