Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
XP Image/iso - Where to put drivers system32\drivers?? (Read 4665 times)
CpX
Dude

I Love Radified!

Denmark

XP Image/iso - Where to put drivers system32\drivers??
Feb 4th, 2008 at 6:50am

Hi.

I need to make a quick image, without coding some sysprep - I have a system, which I need drivers for 4 machines, to be included in windows directory - So it will find these by itselfs.

Where do I put them? I can see system32\drivers doesent have any inf files in it?

And can it be done? Or do you need some external file to point at it?

Please advice.

(I have the sysprep script we use now, but can find no info on how to locate the drivers - hence, I don't know how it's done - But I want the image to support 3-4 different Dell pcs)

/Rgds

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: XP Image/iso - Where to put drivers system32\drivers??
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2008 at 9:12am

CpX

Interesting question!  Back in the Win98se days, there was a way to use Device Manager to install a *phantom* piece of hardware so the system *thought* you had a required piece of hardware to qualify to run a bit of software--but, the process didn't work with just any hardware/software combination--things had to be *compatible* with the technique!

Found this--any help?--in the summary it says you can add drivers to an existing Windows installation:

Quote:
This article describes how to add OEM Plug and Play drivers in the following situations:

• Unattended Setup
• Sysprep Setup
• Remote Installation Service (RIS) installations
• Riprep images
• Existing Windows installations

How to Add OEM Plug and Play Drivers to Windows XP

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print