Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Problem with Ghost 8.1 and "Incorrect Span Segment" (Read 4946 times)
GhstAmtr
Ex Member

Problem with Ghost 8.1 and "Incorrect Span Segment"
Feb 6th, 2008 at 1:23pm

Group,

Ghost amateur here. I know a little of the product but don't normally work with it. Here's my problem - if anyone has any solutions or ideas - please comment.

I have created a ghost image of a small HP server. The ghost version indicates it is 8.1 (Ghost 2003?). The resulting files are named NIDS.gho (~660MB), NIDS0001.ghs (~660MB), and NIDS0002.ghs (~182MB). I have made a bootable DVD (using Roxio Easy Media creator). It includes a batch file which runs ghost after booting into DOS. All three of the ghost files are on the DVD in the same location. I'm thinking it won't ask for "the next disk" - all the files are right there. However, I get a message well into the restore process: "Ghost needs to open the next part of the image. Please either insert the next disk and choose OK or choose Browse to select the next part of the image." The resulting error message says: "NIDS0001.ghs is not a Symantec Ghost file or is not the correct span segment. Task cannot be completed."

I have seen other postings mention this problem when using the Adaptec DirectCD method of burning. I don't believe that applies here. Does anyone have any idea of what the problem is? I have burned the three separate files onto 3 CDs and they work fine - just not on a single DVD. Thanks for any help you all can provide.

Carl

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print