Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BartPE + Ghost 9 - anyone manage to get this on a usb flash drive? (Read 4839 times)
serpico
Dude

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

BartPE + Ghost 9 - anyone manage to get this on a usb flash drive?
Feb 7th, 2008 at 3:49pm

I did an XPE+Ghost9 build, and it works great from a cd, but I can't get the same build to work from a usb flash drive.  I put the build onto the flash drive using PEtoUSB.  The usb flash boots the computer into XPE, but when I try to launch Ghost, I start getting errors.

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: BartPE + Ghost 9 - anyone manage to get this on a usb flash driv
Reply #1 - Feb 7th, 2008 at 3:56pm

serpico,

I've given up on BartPE USB flash drives using PEtoUSB. I think it's my Dell BIOS. The stick boots but freezes about 30 seconds later at the end of the loading bar screen. I haven't got any further.

IP Logged

serpico
Dude

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Feb 9th, 2008 at 4:09pm

Brian wrote on Feb 7th, 2008 at 3:56pm:
serpico,

I've given up on BartPE USB flash drives using PEtoUSB. I think it's my Dell BIOS. The stick boots but freezes about 30 seconds later at the end of the loading bar screen. I haven't got any further.

I would think the BIOS is ok if you get toward the end of the loading bar.  If you're interested in trying it out again, I can send you my build folder (using Pando or the like) and you can put that on usb using PEtoUSB - that should load the PE environment, unless the BIOS really is the problem.

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #3 - Feb 10th, 2008 at 6:45pm

serpico,

Thanks for the offer. I've failed to get BartPE, ReatogoXPE and VistaPE to boot from USB sticks but they work fine from CDs. Frankly I've lost interest in doing it from USB sticks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print