Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Using YaBB 2.1 Stylesheet with YaBB 2.2x forum (Read 9804 times)
Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Using YaBB 2.1 Stylesheet with YaBB 2.2x forum
Mar 10th, 2008 at 10:55pm

After our upgrade to YaBB v2.2.1 it seems our biggest "liability" (for lack of a better word) is that we're using a YaBB v2.1 stylesheet with a YaBB v2.2x forum.

It works, but there are shortcoming. You can see some parts at the top of the main page that don't seem right.

I really like the blk_gry3d style, but another option would be to use a stylesheet specifically created for Y2.2x

There aren't many, but this one called "black" is the closest to what we have now. You can find a demo here:

http://www.in1spirit.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

Just curious about your thoughts.

IP Logged

LWS
Ex Member

Re: Using YaBB 2.1 Stylesheet with YaBB 2.2x forum
Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 3:42pm

Hi Rad...figured id sign up and have a look at the forum from a registered members point of view... The reason thing *dont look quite right* is the .template files... (notice the little white lines under menue?) those are seperators for the tabs..indicating the use of the tabed (2.2 default) .template files... if you take the template files from your installation zip  (boardindex.template, display.template, ect ect.) from the 2.1style folder and upload them to this templates folder...it will look just like it did when it was 2.1...but have all 2.2 features...

Im a bit biased on the 22 black template..so wont talk about how likable i think it is  Grin

hope that helps
LoneWebSurfer

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #2 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 4:38pm

Hi LoneWebSurfer.

Welcome to Radland. Thanks for stopping by.

I asked about those funky lines in this thread:

http://www.yabbforum.com/community/YaBB.pl?num=1205117549

So you are saying I won't lose any of the *features* .. that come with Y221 .. if I use Y21 templates?

That was my big concern, since Y221 introduces features I like. Doesn't seem possible I wouldn't lose features, but I am certainly no YaBB guru.

That would be cool. You're sure I would lose no features?

IP Logged

LWS
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 12th, 2008 at 3:08am

sorry i didnt see that post ..
In the installation package you may have noticed you have 2 templates included 1) default ... and 2) yabb21  in ..cgi-bin\yabb2\Templates ....as long as you use the proper .template files ( yabb21) from the installation zip... you will not loose any features... what most people do is try to use their old .template files... this wont work..things get slightly misaligned..some features  such as search engines online..wont work. really what you want to do is just use the old css file..with the new (yabb21) template if that makes sense..
now.. if you use the 21 style..you will loose the add a tab feature..but thats it..and not really a big deal due to its really easy to add a button to the 21 style navigation
I myself use a custom template thats pretty much a cross from the new and old style template.. I prefer the buttons...but i liked the blinking post indicators..so i merged what i precieved as the best of both Wink

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #4 - Mar 12th, 2008 at 8:40am

well,  search engines online works fine for me.

if all i lose is tabs, i'm cool with that.

i don't wanna lose xml.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print