Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hello and a question (Read 7267 times)
dino
N00b

I Love Radified!

Hello and a question
Apr 22nd, 2008 at 12:11am

i made a Computer Recovery cd (ghost 14) then something whent wrong and i started the recovery process every thing whent well exept norton anti virus didnt work (no autoprotect no options etc) no i think it was because i dident format my drive before restoring the image from the recovery enviroment....my question is is it better to first format a drive i want to restore to a previeus working point with ghost?

P.S
thx and sorry for the english Smiley

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Re: Hello and a question
Reply #1 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 8:46am

No need to pre-format, as Ghost uses the formatting of the source image (Recovery point).

IP Logged

dino
N00b

I Love Radified!

Reply #2 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 9:42am

i know...but as i said after the recovery was done....NortonAV was "damaged" i had to reinstall it....just i think it would be in some way better to pre format it....anywa's thx for the answer Smiley

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #3 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 12:35pm

The backup image is an exact clone of the what you had installed when you created the image (Recovery point). The only thing I can think of is that you might've performed some updates to your antivirus software between the time you created and restored the image .. without which might've rendered the software unusable in some way .. until which time you were able to re-update.

Can't be sure, but pre-formatting isn't going to do anything to rectify this problem. As a test of your/my theories, go ahead and pre-format and re-restore the image .. and I'd bet you dollars to donuts you'd have the same problem.

If lack of a pre-format is causing problems,how come your AV software was the only prgm affected?

Your English seems like you're from Montenegro:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montenegro

Am I close?

IP Logged

dino
N00b

I Love Radified!

Reply #4 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 2:55pm

hehe yeah i'am from montenegro Smiley

about ghost.....when i preform the backup i go on One Time Backup (i think that;s the best one) and do you sugest i dont do anything until the backup finishes???

thx for ur suport

IP Logged

Rad.Test
Technoluster

Rad's non-Admin test-profile
in Firefox

Reply #5 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 5:20pm

I always create my images after a fresh reboot, and I wait until the disk-access light stops flickering (Windows done doing its thing), and I don't do anything until the imaging is done.

Try to make it as easy for Ghost as possible.

IP Logged

dino
N00b

I Love Radified!

Reply #6 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 5:24pm

yeah maybe that is the problem....i was surfing the web and accesing some programs and so on....guess i should leav it until it stops...thx for the tip Wink
P.S
can you tell me what is Perform full VSS Backup option in advaced settings i cant find an explenation in the manual....thx and sorry for so many questions Smiley

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #7 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 9:07pm

dino wrote on Apr 22nd, 2008 at 5:24pm:
what is Perform full VSS Backup option in advaced settings  

This is an undocumented feature which has been discussed here in detail. Do a search. Go back up to 3 months. Search the Ghost 9/10/12/14 board and the Cloning prgms board. Much there.

IP Logged

dino
N00b

I Love Radified!

Reply #8 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 10:12pm

thx Smiley take care

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print