Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ghost w2kserver restore - Command Console not working anymore (Read 2901 times)
Falkens
Ex Member

Ghost w2kserver restore - Command Console not working anymore
Apr 23rd, 2008 at 9:46am

I'm currently messing around with a HP-DL380G5 (raid 1+0) as drive C and D - 72G in one partition each. I have to make a recovery procedure for it and decided to use Ghost.
(btw: which ghost is the latest version and installable on an win2k3 server machine?).

The machines have the usual win and recoveryConsole choices in boot.ini (which are both actually working before recovery).

Now, when I try to recover the "C" image made with GHOST(2003) under windows (or via a bootable CD made acc. nightowl) then win starts/runs fine but if I select win-RecoveryConsole from the boot menu then it seems to stop(crash) immedeately (cursor on a blank screen as seen from a power-reset) - so no starting-bar is coming up.

which lets me ask how secure is the recovery.

did somebody had the same issue ? solved ?

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Falkens

IP Logged

Nigel Bree
Ex Member

Re: Ghost w2kserver restore - Command Console not working anymore
Reply #1 - Apr 23rd, 2008 at 7:18pm

Quote:
(btw: which ghost is the latest version and installable on an win2k3 server machine?).

Ghost Solution Suite 2.0.2 is the current, and Ghost Solution Suite 2.5 is scheduled for release in the next couple of weeks.

I've never heard of this particular issue, but then Ghost 2003 was a home consumer product spun out of corporate Ghost 7.5 and wasn't tested against corporate OS's; the first release of corporate Ghost that was available and tested against Windows 2003 would have been 8.0

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print