Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Partition present HD or add a second HD? (Read 5193 times)
altosax
Ex Member

Partition present HD or add a second HD?
Apr 24th, 2008 at 1:17pm

I'm a newbie to radified and not much beyond a novice when it comes to computer technical skills (although I did build my current computer)
This is my question: I'm an avid photographer. My OS is Linux Ubuntu 7.10 version.  I have finally come to the conclusion that the limited photo processing software available for use on Linux is not getting the job done. I need software which can only be used with windows or mac o.s. I presently have a 300 GB capacity drive. Should I partition it and have a separate os for each partition or add a second drive and have the second drive be ? I can get a duplicate second drive be a dedicated drive for my windows based operations? Photo processing uses alot of disk space so I'm inclined to go with a second dedicated drive. Any suggestions/recommendations? Also, can anyone point me to some online sources with perhaps some step by step directions on how to add a second drive and set it up with a different os or alternatively? If I decide to partiiton I have enough "how to" information from the Ubuntu threads. Thank you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print