Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ghost 2003 Build .793 exe (Read 11886 times)
Big_Al
Gnarly

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Los Angeles

Ghost 2003 Build .793 exe
Apr 29th, 2008 at 7:40pm

In case anyone is interested, I uploaded the Ghost 2003 Build .793 exe on Rapidshare.

You can use this with a DOS Batchfile on a floppy.

Here ya go:

Edited:
Rad edit: Thanks Big Al, but that's a no-no. Far as I know, even old Ghost 2003 is still copyrighted software. No?

Big Al

IP Logged

TheShadow
Kahuna

Old Ghost user!

Florida, USA

Re: Ghost 2003 Build .793 exe
Reply #1 - May 4th, 2008 at 12:09pm

That is so
'Symantec'
to abandon a program and withhold all support for it  and still not let people who need it, share it at will. 
The term "A dog in the manger" comes to mind.
The dog can't eat the hay, but he won't let the other animals have it either.

What does it avail them to NOT just put it in the public domain?  They are no longer making a penny off of it.

I have no personal problem with anyone who will share it freely with those who need it.  I know that's not in keeping with forum rules, , it's just my personal feelings in the matter.

Many have already declared it "Abandonware" and have put it on their download sites.  NO URL's given, according to forum rules.

Cheers Mates!
The Shadow  Cool

IP Logged

TheShadow
Kahuna

Old Ghost user!

Florida, USA

Reply #2 - May 4th, 2008 at 12:19pm

Big Al,
After many years of experimenting with ways to run ghost most effectively, I settled on a Windows ME boot disk with CD drivers and a mouse driver (Mouse.com).
After Ghost.exe was put on the disk, there was plenty of room left over for several batch files and an Ansi-Color menu.
Since creating that boot floppy and enhancing it as much as space would permit, I've transfered it to both CD and Flash Drive (even a SD Flash memory card).

The program runs much faster from a Flash drive than it does from either a floppy or CD.
It will, however, only put itself on a DVD, making it bootable, if run from A:.

Since most new computers do not have an A: drive....a USB floppy drive can be used instead.  It will appear as A: and Ghost will accept it as the source for Boot info to put on a DVD.

Good Luck,
The Shadow  Cool

IP Logged

lantoc
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 13th, 2009 at 6:31am

im looking for Ghost 2003 Build .793, may i know where can i find it? thanks!

IP Logged

Lurker
Gnarly

I Love Radified!

GMT -5

Reply #4 - Jun 13th, 2009 at 7:04am

Giving you a link to illegally download copywrited software on any forum would surely violate forum rules.
And the person doing that would surely be admonished by the moderators or even get banned. Sad

But someone may read your post and send you a PM, so watch your PM In-Box.  At the very top of your screen you should see a message if you have any new PM's.

I've PM'd several people to answer some question or another or maybe ask them a question and they never check their PM's.  That kind of defeats the whole purpose of even having a PM feature in a forum.

I found several "Abandonware" sites on the net, that claimed to have Ghost 2003, but in every case it was an old version and not ver. 793.  So that makes those sites pretty 'worthless'. Huh

Good luck in your search.

Maybe just ask a friend  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Tator
Technoluster

I Love Radified!

Reply #5 - Jun 13th, 2009 at 9:12am

If you have an older build of Ghost 2003, there's a link with instructions how to update in the first post of the third sticky of this forum at http://radified.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1206707882 .  Note it may take 2 or 3 runs through the procedure to get to .793 build since it updates one step at a time such as from .775 build to .778 build to next build until it gets to .793 build.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Reply #6 - Jun 14th, 2009 at 12:46pm

@
Lurker

Quote:
Giving you a link to illegally download copywrited software on any forum would surely violate forum rules.
And the person doing that would surely be admonished by the moderators or even get banned

Well, it sure looks like you are fully aware of Radified's policy on distributing pirated software and the potential consequences for doing so.

Apparently, you do not consider a public announcement that you are willing to accept PM (Private Messages) through our forum software for requests for sending a copy of copyrighted, pirated copies of software the equivalent of posting a *link* to such software.  Unfortunately for you, I do!

Your total lack of concern for the integrity of the host website (Radified) where you are willing to post such a message, is beyond my understanding.  You put Radified *at risk* of being investigated and possibly prosecuted for promoting the distribution of pirated software.

You have repeatedly made it clear what your opinion is regarding sharing pirated copies of software.  You should really create your own website--*Download Pirated Software-R-US*--so that you, The Shadow, and others of similar ilk can take full responsibilities for your actions--and not hide behind a legitimate website.

Because of your complete disrespect--you have been banned!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print