HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
EAC? (Read 3696 times)
Big_Mac
Ex Member

EAC?
May 1st, 2008 at 2:15pm

I have been reading this site for a few years.  Love the info I have found here.

I finally got around to ripping my CD's.  Using the EAC pages from here.  I have one small issue.  I ripped all to wav files first then tried to encode the WAV files to MP3's.

Cry I lost all of the tags/Database info that I had setup during the initial rip.  I understand that the wav files do not contain tags.

How do I get the tag/Database info on the MP3's or do I have to manually assign them all?

Thanks,

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Re: EAC?
Reply #1 - May 1st, 2008 at 5:38pm

Hi Mac.

What app are you using to convert from *.wav to mp3?

As I understand it (haven't ripped anything new in a while) even the rips that *look* like they're going straight to mp3 still use a 2-step process .. 1st to wav, then to mp3. Then the initial wav is deleted, so it LOOKS like you went straight to mp3, but not so in reality.

So that would infer that the tagging info must be contained in the origianl wav, otherwise it couldn't be carried over to the encoded mp3, right? Follow my logic?

Do you still have any of the original wavs? Can you see tag-info when playing?

There are databases out there you can log into and search for your album, which will save you have to re-enter by hand.

I've never heard of this problem, so it makes me feel something is not right.

IP Logged

Big_Mac
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 6th, 2008 at 12:27pm

Ok, let see if I can be clearer here.

I setup EAC (I am thinking incorrectly, now).

I Ripped CD's to WAV's.  They have the title info(file name) the way I wanted it based on the parameter setting.  When I play the WAV it does not show me anything about the song that is playing.  It only shows My title that I created.

I then used Razor Lame to convert to MP3.

Thanks for any light that you can shed.

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Reply #3 - May 6th, 2008 at 9:21pm

On this page:

http://mp3.radified.com/mp3_2.htm

near the bottom:

Quote:
Razorlame does not currently support ID3 tags. This is probably its weakest point. If ID3 tags are important, you can:

* Use a 3rd-party tagger, something like Renatager, or TagMaster, or Mp3/Tag Studio, or MAC. There are a many ID3 taggers out there.
    * You may also want to check out Lameb. Pretty nifty program.
    * Encode directly from EAC or CDex, which will pass the ID3 info directly.
    * Use Monkey's as a front end for encoding with LAME.

If you want to use Monkey's to encode MP3s using Lame, you need to put a copy of LAME in the directory Program Files\Monkey's Audio\External. Click the down-arrow beside the 'Compress' button, and go to 'Compression level,' then 'External,' then put a check mark next to Lame.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print