Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pansonic USB Driver Very Slow (Read 1526 times)
DonZ
Dude

I Love Radified!

Charleston, SC

Pansonic USB Driver Very Slow
May 7th, 2008 at 7:11am

I built a Ghost 2003 2-floppy boot disk set per  instructions given in this forum. It uses the MS-DOS Ghost 2-floppy boot disk with the autoexec.bat and config.sys modified to reflect the Panasonic and Motto USB drivers.

I am using the latest Panasonic driver, 2.20 I think.

My external USB drive is a WD 250GB USB 2.0 drive. My motherboard is a nVidia nForce4 SLI w/CK8-04 chipset. Drive is connected to rear case usb port.

My Ghost image verify speeds were horrible. Started at 150 MB/m and ended around 110 MB/m. I thought the new Panasonic driver gave speeds upwards to 1100 MB/m?

Ok. I have researched this futher. First, it appears my MSI MS-7185 motherboard auto recognizes the USB drive at boot time and must be loading some driver to run it. I see the USB drive being assigned on the boot splash screen.

I was able to boot with a standard Ghost 2003 boot floppy and it recognized the USB drive. No USB drivers were present on this floppy. So, I conclude the slow USB speeds are due to the native motherboard BIOS driver overriding whatever drivers are on the boot media.

So, I guess I have to disable the USB support option in the BIOS? Suggestions would be most welcomed.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print