Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Recommend me a cool keyboard (Read 4044 times)
LoTGoD
Radmeister

Black eyes...broken fingers

Ohio

Recommend me a cool keyboard
May 19th, 2008 at 9:53am

After being completely fed up with my current keyboard, I decided to see if an old iMac usb keyboard would work with my PC.  I got it configured and working well enough last night with a keymapper program to map the F12 key to the Windows equivalent "delete" key so I could log in to my PC.  

I am really digging the Mac keyboards, and was wondering if anyone could recommend a nice PC substitute?

The design of the newest Mac keyboard is really compact and small looking.  

All of the PC keyboards that I have just been browsing for the last 30 minutes just don't do justice to the Mac.

Is anyone using a comparable Windows keyboard?  The closest thing to the Mac that I find bearable is the I-Rock line.

Any suggestions are appreciated  Smiley

WWW lotgod  
IP Logged

Rad.Test
Technoluster

Rad's non-Admin test-profile
in Firefox

Re: Recommend me a cool keyboard
Reply #1 - May 19th, 2008 at 2:46pm

It's obviously personal preference, but I've always liked the backlit keyboards, cuz I like to work in the dark.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_kk_1?ie=UTF8&search-alias=electronics&field-keywo...

Amazon is a good place to explore, cuz they have reviews there.

Chances are if a certain product has MANY reviews, that means lotsa ppl purchased, and you can peruse their experiences.

I personally hate clickety-clackety keyboards. Had an old IBM that drove me nuts..

I also prefer a short, silent key-stroke.

IP Logged

MrMagoo
Übermensch

Resident Linux Guru

Phoenix, AZ (USA)

Reply #2 - May 19th, 2008 at 3:00pm

Ya, it REALLY depends on what you are looking for in a keyboard.  I think there are some really nice keyboards for PC's, so obviously you and I are looking for different things in a keyboard.  Tell us what you like about the Mac keyboard and maybe we'll be more successful in suggesting one you'll enjoy.

IP Logged

LoTGoD
Radmeister

Black eyes...broken fingers

Ohio

Reply #3 - May 19th, 2008 at 6:37pm

I like how small, yet functional it is.  The keys are large enough, yet the whole body of the keyboard is compact.  It is ultra thin, but very sturdy.  It has the built in USB ports, but doesn't clutter the keyboard with useless buttons such as on a multi-media keyboard.

This is the closest one that I have found:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823204011

It still isn't exactly what I am looking for, but close.

Rad - I looked at the backlit ones, but they just seem too bulky for me-I'm trying to slim down everything.

WWW lotgod  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print