Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Very slow restore process using Ghost 11.0.1 (Read 4213 times)
K Singh
Radmeister

Devil's Paradise

Very slow restore process using Ghost 11.0.1
Jun 3rd, 2008 at 12:49pm

The Ghost 11.0.1 interface displays the transfer rate along with the remaining time when creating a backup or restoring.

First the overview of the system:-
Using Dell 640m Inspiron with 80-GB Hitachi SATA Disc. I use the ghost in DOS mode, using the windows 98SE disc and then running the Ghost executable at command prompt.

Now when i create a backup the transfer rate remains around 300 MB per minute when i chose the normal compression. I can assume it takes bit of time to do the compressing. But then i dont chose the max compression option.

When i try to restore this rate hovers around just 200MB per second. Now i have backup amounting to more than 10GB which takes almost 40 minutes to restore. Now this is huge time  Angry

I tried acronis True Image 11 Home edition it restores the backup in flat 20 minutes when using the bootable CD Smiley.

Any suggestions to increase the speed of the whole process??

IP Logged

K Singh
Radmeister

Devil's Paradise

Re: Very slow restore process using Ghost 11.0.1
Reply #1 - Jun 3rd, 2008 at 8:04pm

I have Ghost 8.3 also. I tried on the same computer and i get transfer rates of about 700 MB per min, which is really good in my view.

So my doubts are:-
1. My current system has windows XP SP3 and the ghost 8.3 version works fine with higher transfer rates. If i upgrade the same to vista, will ghost 8.3 work same or i need to upgrade. The imaging process will be done using the bootable CD only for C drive partition.

2. Is there any significant change in handling SATA/SCSI interfaces in ghost 8.3 and ghost 11? Would ghost 8.3 support SATA drives of higher capacity like 200 GB or more.

Thanks,
Kavitesh Singh.

IP Logged

K Singh
Radmeister

Devil's Paradise

Re: Very slow restore process using Ghost 11.0.1
Reply #2 - Jul 1st, 2008 at 9:19am

Any clues to increase the speed of the Ghost imaging in v11??

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print