Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
gratz on 8 years :) (Read 5197 times)
Alex v Kaam
Gnarly

I Love Radified!

gratz on 8 years :)
Jun 24th, 2008 at 2:03pm

as the subject said, gratulations... long time ago... cant count the people I send to your pages for fdisk and such info.... aah those where the days, an MBM update a week, knowledable people to email with Smiley

edit:  just found oldest mail from you 14-nov 2001 !

IP Logged

Rad.Test
Technoluster

Rad's non-Admin test-profile
in Firefox

Re: gratz on 8 years :)
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 2:53pm

Thanks, Alex.

Ahh, the good ol' days. I remember them well, with much fondness.

Many ppl would write, saying, "I found your site by following a link to download Motherboard Monitor..."

What are you doing these days?

I'm learning PHP/MySQL and neck-deep in a custody battle. Just returned from first interview (3-hour) with psychologist.

IP Logged

Alex v Kaam
Gnarly

I Love Radified!

Reply #2 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 11:13am

job wise, running a 226GB Progress database (growing about 1gb a week) with around 900 tables (its an ERP package) and writting programs and queries for them, because of the size and how vital the db is for our company that is a challenge, this is activity of the last 70 hours (including night time), 200 users:

Code:
Record Reads       4804888030
DB Reads             67974693 (got to love good caching)
Record Deletes       10165716
Record Updates       37150403
Record Creates       12372550
DB Writes             3677934
Record Locks        418761441
Total Records in DB 889668480

got an uptime this year of 99,97%, most of the downtime is saturday night about 2 min at 11pm for a truncate of the BI file, which can be avoided or reduced but its an old habbit to do it weekly.

Home wise I moved totally over to Suse 10.3 and contemplating what I could start to program or better what new language to learn, a bit more webpage/php/sql might be a good idea for future projects at work.

I ran into Ksensors which for sure gave me a good laugh, he should have posted a (c) mbm Smiley  but its just the upperlayers, it uses lm_sensors with who I mailed several times to share info in the old days.

Game wise I play a tad of LotRo, gladly its not as adictive or time consuming as EQ was Wink

Good luck with the battle, am just a PM away just in case Smiley

again congratulations !

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Reply #3 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 3:38pm

Database management interests me .. I think cuz I heard it was complicated. Is it really difficult to learn/do?

You obviously seem to have a handle on it.

I was planning on getting up to speed with MySQL.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print