Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Automated Bootable Ghost 2003 SATA DVD (Read 17272 times)
Droid
N00b

I Love Radified!

DFW

Automated Bootable Ghost 2003 SATA DVD
Jul 11th, 2008 at 2:52am

I am trying to make an automated bootable ghost 2003 dvd with sata support. I've made over 10 coasters so far using nightowl's tutorial. I would like to just be able to stick my bootable dvd in my laptop and hit f12 at bootup and select to boot from the dvd drive. The problem I have is that for some reason my Sony Vaio does not see the hard drive once ghost launches. I currently have an image of my laptop. I need the settings to use in my autoexec.bat and config.sys files to create an .ima file to use with nero to create the bootable dvd. If someone already has an .ima file created to accomplish this, that would be even better.

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Automated Bootable Ghost 2003 SATA DVD
Reply #1 - Jul 12th, 2008 at 6:50pm

Droid,

Any help from this? It's not about DVDs but what sort of automation do you envisage?

http://radified.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1203371188/45#45

IP Logged

Droid
N00b

I Love Radified!

DFW

Reply #2 - Jul 12th, 2008 at 9:52pm

Thanks for the link. I checked it out and it's too complex for me. Basically what I am trying to do is create automated bootable dvd's like retail pc's come with. I basically followed night owl's tutorial but the only thing his tutorial lacks is the automation. I just need to know what parameters I need to add to nightowl's autoexec.bat file to make this process work. Here is what I have so far:

path=a:\;x:\
mouse.com
mscdex.exe /d:nightowl /l:x /m:16 /v
a:\ghost.exe -clone,mode=restore,src=x:\image.gho,dst=1 -sure

This actually launches ghost and starts the restore but it craps out less than half of the way in. I think I am only missing a parameter for it to read the spanned image001.ghs file. I've spent countless hours and burned tons of coasters with no luck so far. I finally had to go buy a pack of rewritables before I go through all my dvd-r's. If you or anyone else can help me with this, please let me know.

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #3 - Jul 12th, 2008 at 10:28pm

Droid,

I'm not a Ghost 2003 user and I'm still not sure what you require. Do you want a DVD that will automatically restore an image (on the DVD) to the HD?

IP Logged

Droid
N00b

I Love Radified!

DFW

Reply #4 - Jul 12th, 2008 at 10:31pm

Yes, that is exactly what I am trying to do. This is more for the benefit of my siblings than it is for me. They are very non-technical so they have a hard time booting the retail norton ghost cd, removing it, installing the image dvd I created for them, browsing for the image and then launching it. If can can automate this process for them they wouldn't need to come to me to do it. Hope that explains it all.

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #5 - Jul 12th, 2008 at 10:36pm

I understand. I can't help with Ghost 2003 but TeraByte's Image for DOS will do this. Boot to the DVD, click Yes and that's it.

IP Logged

Droid
N00b

I Love Radified!

DFW

Reply #6 - Jul 12th, 2008 at 10:53pm

Well, I've been using ghost 2003 since it came out and all my backup images have been made with it so a different software would not work for me.

IP Logged

GamyG
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Aug 27th, 2008 at 3:52pm

Hello, I would like to know if you are using any switches for running Ghost.exe or whatever version you are using?  I have found that with the new SATA drives you need to your Ghost executable with the -NOIDE switch. Wink

IP Logged

Jony
N00b

I Love Radified!

Reply #8 - Nov 22nd, 2008 at 4:34am

Smiley      

Smiley

IP Logged

Meal
N00b

I Love Radified!