Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
NEED   HELP FOR  GHOST  2003 ... ! (Read 3832 times)
cashiew
N00b

I Love Radified!

NEED   HELP FOR  GHOST  2003 ... !
Jul 17th, 2008 at 12:14pm

hello friends
Smiley[size=12][/size]

here's  cashiew  a  new  kid  in  this block  actually  i  was  googling  for  some  stuff  regarding  norton ghost  which  paved  my  way  here !
which  i  believe  to  be  the  best  thing  i've  done !  Wink

so;  friends  my  problem  is  i'm  unable  to  create  a  bootable  disk  that  boots  in  Dos   &  creates  a  image  from  there !  in  addition  to  dat  i  don't  have  floppy  drive  also !

i'm  having  ghost 2003  with  me ;  does  i  need  to  instal  it  in  order  to  create  a  dos  boot  disk !   and  where  can  i  get  " ghost.exe " file  if  without   installation !

in  addition  to  this  i   love  to  say  that  is  there  any  thing  related  with  echo's  to  build  in  boot  files ?

please..se..se  guy's  help  me  here !  Cry 

i'm  totally  confused  after  going  through  all this  stuff  while   googling  for  this !  Sad

IP Logged

K Singh
Radmeister

Devil's Paradise

Re:  NEED   HELP FOR  GHOST  2003 ... !
Reply #1 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 2:28pm

Well if you have ghost.exe with you from Ghost 2003 all you need is to create a bootable disc. I feel Ghost 2003 might give you that option.

In case it doesnt here is the work-around.
Go to www.bootdisk.com and download the win98SE OEM image from there. Extract the bootable floppy image from the downloaded file. to do so download winrar and unrar the file. It will give an error but will extract the floppy image. Thats what you need.

Now use some burning software which will let you create bootable disc like Nero or magicIso. you can download the trial version from the website.

There just chose the option of creating a bootable CD. Give the floppy image as the path for the bootable image and set the option in emulation as 1.44MB flopy drive.
In the compilation window where you can add the files in the CD, simply add the Ghost.exe.

Burn it and boot from CD. At command prompt type Ghost.exe. There you go. You have bootable Ghost cd.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print