Send Topic Print
.ima  for  ghost 2003 (Read 5005 times)
cashiew
N00b

I Love Radified!

.ima  for  ghost 2003
Jul 20th, 2008 at 12:55pm

hi everybody !

i'm  here  to  ask  that  i've  got  " .ima file" for  norton ghost  2003 while  searching  information  for making  boot  disk  for  this ;  so  friends  should  i  burn  it  inorder  to  get  dos  boot  disk  should  i  just  burn  it  ?  or  should  i  need  to  add  or   make  any  changes  to   make  it  a  dos  boot  disk  ?

need  urgent  help !

IP Logged

TheShadow
Kahuna

Old Ghost user!

Florida, USA

Re:  .ima  for  ghost 2003
Reply #1 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 1:43pm

I'm sorry, but your question is kind of running all over the place.
Exactly what do you want to do?  And why?

Are you talking about the "Ghost.ini" file?  That file is created by Ghost when you go thru and set up your options and save them.  It must be done on a NON Write Protected disk, like the boot floppy that Ghost was designed to run on.  Once you make a CD from a Ghost boot floppy, you can no longer make changes to the way Ghost runs, because you can't edit the Ghost.ini file on a CD.

I set up Ghost on a bootable Flash Drive and then burn my boot CD from there, using Nero.

If I have to make any changes, I do that on the Flash Drive and then make a new CD.

I hope this gets you headed in the right direction.

Cheers Mate!
The Shadow  Cool

IP Logged

cashiew
N00b

I Love Radified!

Reply #2 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 11:10pm

hello brother !

first of all thanx  for  ur  reply;  secondly  i  wanna  ask  u  dat  since  i  don't   like  using  floppy drive  so  in  this  case  can   i  set  my  usb  pen drive   as  bootable  while  making   boot  cd  ;  please  sujjest  me  the  procedure  for  this.....

or

incase  if  we  can't  set  usb pendrive  as  bootable  than  send  me  some   info  of  making  boot  cd  without  floppy  drive !!!

thanx  for  ur  help !

IP Logged

K Singh
Radmeister

Devil's Paradise

Reply #3 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 7:10am

Dear cashiew

cashiew wrote on Jul 20th, 2008 at 11:10pm:
i wanna ask u dat since i don't like using floppy drives o in this case can i set my usb pen drive as bootable while making bootcd

Please see this post below
http://radified.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1209963967/4#4

cashiew wrote on Jul 20th, 2008 at 11:10pm:
in case if we can't set usb pendrive as bootable than send me some  inf o of making bootcd without floppydrive !!!

http://radified.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1216314854/1#1

All the queries have been mentioned earlier. The problem i find is not with the Ghost or any other software you are using. The real problem is you dont spend adequate time to read the posts and find a solution.

I dont mean to discourage or offend you, but it always help to go through what people have posted on forums.

If you look carefully i have replied to your query only regarding making a bootable Ghost CD, it seems you never bothered to read it.

IP Logged

TheShadow
Kahuna

Old Ghost user!

Florida, USA

Reply #4 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 1:03pm

HP (the computer company) is the company that wrote the USB Format Tool.
It does require that you provide a source for the boot information, like a DOS bootable floppy disk.

If you're going to mess around with this stuff, you owe it to yourself to get a floppy drive, even if it has to be a USB-Floppy-Drive.  Ghost 2003 was meant to be run from a DOS boot floppy, not CD and not Flash Drive.

Anyway HP has changed their web site and have made the USB Format tool harder to find.
However, you can download the program.....Click Here!

I repeat....YOU MUST provide the program with a source for the boot sector that you want it to write to the Flash Drive.
You never get something for nothing! Wink Grin Grin
(A DOS boot floppy is best.)

Good Luck,
The Shadow  Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print