HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Codes for Ghost 2003 (Read 4187 times)
scott
Ex Member

Codes for Ghost 2003
Jul 23rd, 2008 at 8:03pm

Where can I get the codes for Norton Ghost 2003 PC DOS.  ( A:\> ) This is where I have to start.

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Codes for Ghost 2003
Reply #1 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 9:59pm

IP Logged

scott
Ex Member

Re: let me explain a bit.
Reply #2 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 4:21pm

I have an emachines 600is. It has windows millenium. It came with two recovery cd's. Symantec Norton Ghost 6.03. I used the recovery discs and all was going well until 33 Mbs left to copy which is 97%complete(15 seconds for crying out loud). Then a box popped up that says critical error (0x0B read default). It gave me the option to abort or retry. I could press retry for eternity and it would still pop back up. If I abort it, another window comes up that says SPAN VOLUME [2] done, insert next media and press enter continue: OK Cancel File Name?. If I press ok, it disappears and ejects the cd. If I press cancel, then it goes through a series of cannot open file(different file names). If I press File Name?, then I have the option to search for a specific file from the drop down menu of a: local disc, b:local disc, c:local disc, d:local disc, and r:CD Rom. a:, b:, c: are all empty, d: has my backup drive on it and r:CD Rom is where my restore cd is running from. I guess my question is, Is this Recovery CD corrupt? And if it is, should I look for another Norton Ghost 6.03? Or should I use something newer that's compatible like Ghost 2003 or Ghost 9 or 10? I'm not really sure which one would be compatible, but any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. I bought the 2003 version.I tried to download the the norton ghost 2003 and I am not sure it will download. Does it come with windows on it? And  would that now be installed on my c drive? And I do believe that I have to manually install it. How do I get the codes or whatever it is I need to install it by PC DOS (A:\> ). Or do I have to buy another operating system disc and install it first? I think I need the commands, not the codes. Since my original recovery discs are corrupt and my drive has been erased, do I need to install a new OS? Or will the norton ghost 2003 restore it for me? I need the commands for the PC DOS, after it asks you to choose number 1-5, It goes to the A:\> with a flashing line behind it for you to enter commands. I don't know where to get the commands to type in manually. The original ghost always did all the work for me. Please Help.

IP Logged

wp
Technoluster

I Love Radified!

california

Reply #3 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 10:52pm

thanks for reply, but link is dead.

is this what you are after?

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/on-technology.nsf/docid/1998082612540625 [/quote]

IP Logged

ben_mott
Nuclear Grade

Reply #4 - Jul 27th, 2008 at 2:13pm

hello again,

if your e-machine is using ghost 6.3
then that is the ghost version you need to recover the image.
to get the ghost.exe
the boot image gets loaded into ram drive
which is got drive letter A:
and the floppy gets drive letter B:
to copy the boot floppy when you load to recovery menu
press escape then you get A: propmpt put a empty floppy in the
floppy drive and type
copy *.* B:
this copies all content of A: which is the ram drive to floppy
or if you just want ghost.exe 
copy ghost.exe B:
or if your drive C: is Fat32 you can copy it to there
then you can boot with a win98 boot disk
and the take it out and put floppy with ghost.exe in and at
the a: prompt type
ghost
and that will bring up ghost interactive.
the code for auto ghosting is in
autoexec.bat file.and might look something like this
ghost -clone,mode=load,src=p:\cdr00001.gho,dst=1 -sure -autoname -rb
if image.gho is bigger than 2GB then the rest might be on the second CD or if it is DVd then on same DVd  pressing enter will start loading the second part.

Ben
Smiley

IP Logged

wp
Technoluster

I Love Radified!

california

Reply #5 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 6:42pm

Brian wrote on Jul 23rd, 2008 at 9:59pm:

I am looking for a list of ghost 2003 error codes.

thank you

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print