HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Imaging Woes (Read 3922 times)
Vactus
Ex Member

Imaging Woes
Aug 14th, 2008 at 2:30pm

My first post here sooo Hello!  Also, this might be long.

I have created an image using Ghost 11.5 aka GSS 2.5 yesterday.  The machine in question is a Dell T3400 with SAS HDDs.  WinXP Pro OS.  I then burned those images to two DVDs due to size; yay for spanning.  Afterwards I used the GBW to create a Boot CD using WinPE and one using PC DOS.  Both are set to their default settings from there till creation of the ISO.

The cd using PC DOS just sits there saying "Starting PC DOS" and doesn't do anything. 

The cd using WinPE will actually go all the way into Ghost no problem.  Yay!  A working CD for me finally! 

Anyways, I put the first dvd in the other optical drive, which it does recognize and go to select the .gho.  Sadly all it shows is "Ghost CD/DVD Image" and when I click on it... nothing except going to a screen that says "This disk is not the first set" and the error code it gives is "1972"... which I've looked up and cannot for the life of me figure out.  I've seen from improper drive names to disks not created by norton. 

Now, I'll profess my noobness to all things Ghost related.  Normally I'd ghost cast, but this is impossible due to the situation of two different networks that don't talk to each other.  I was told to make it so that I they could load via DVD or even DVD DL.   

Help me please Sad

IP Logged

Nigel Bree
Ex Member

Re: Imaging Woes
Reply #1 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 6:09pm

1972 is a generic error from the CD/DVD-reading code in Ghost which is trying to interpret the disk as one it burned itself. I've not worked on this section of code to know what the issues are , so I suggest you try posting this on the official forums where one of the other guys who work on Ghost is likely to see it and may be able to help.

IP Logged

TheShadow
Kahuna

Old Ghost user!

Florida, USA

Reply #2 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 5:47pm

You'll get nowhere trying to click on the GHO image file.
You must run Ghost.exe and then point it to the image file, if you're trying to do a restore, otherwise why would you be trying to access the image?

Confused, again!

Shadow  Cool

IP Logged

Vactus
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 7:27am

I finally got it figured out friday night... but wasn't able to test the theory until yesterday.

I was able to do this:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/on-technology.nsf/docid/2008032111550460?Op...

and it fixed my problems.  The only change in instructions is that I have to use the WinPE version of the ghost boot disk instead of PCDOS.  Worked wonderfully.  I'm freakin exstatic(sp?) that it works finally.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print