Send Topic Print
I'm Back! (Read 4873 times)
roxe
Technoluster

25/8

USA Idaho

I'm Back!
Sep 3rd, 2008 at 12:16pm

Well, when stuff hits the fan outta left field you never saw coming... about the only thing one can do is keep walking with head held high while heart is bleeding, head is reeling, emotions go numb and survival mode kicks in. Every day you say "This too shall pass." Thank God we can't see how long this process will last! Smiley

Now that I've come out the other side, it will be interesting to learn what this has done to me. Right now I'm thinking that not too much damage was done. My son gave me a very positive clue when he stated that "it sounds like you are getting back to your old self."

So I'm remaining positive and hopeful that I've grown during this years-long episode. Time will tell.

And I've missed you all Smiley

roxe

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Re: I'm Back!
Reply #1 - Sep 3rd, 2008 at 3:21pm

roxe wrote on Sep 3rd, 2008 at 12:16pm:
survival mode kicks in. Every day you say "This too shall pass."  

I know that place. Details?

Welcome back. I think you started one of those monster threads years ago that now have more than 100,000 page-views.

Where are you?

IP Logged

roxe
Technoluster

25/8

USA Idaho

Reply #2 - Sep 3rd, 2008 at 7:29pm

Rad,

My episode wasn't "personal relationship oriented". I was in Montana for 2.5 years, which was 16 years too many! My only solution was to move to southern Idaho and get away from that awful cowboy mentality and false sophistication.

Whether it's relationship oriented... or just plain independence and walking your own walk, abuse is abuse and hurts just as much.

Anyway, Idaho is a breath of fresh air... so far Smiley 

About that monster thread...  WOW! really?? gonna haveta check that out. I also contributed to the Ghost 2003 guide - using a laplink cable. I just burned a CD using the files from my 2003 floppy... and the CD works just great!!

Thanks for your warm welcome  Grin

IP Logged

TheShadow
Kahuna

Old Ghost user!

Florida, USA

Reply #3 - Oct 13th, 2008 at 8:10am

I want to welcome you back too!

Of course I don't know your whole story, but I certainly know about moving to a different state and starting over.  
Getting away from negatives is always accompanied by leaving old friends, friendly streets and of course your favorite restaurants.

The one thing we can never leave behind is our selves.
No matter where we go,,,,,,'There we are!'

But before I get overly philosophical, "
WELCOME BACK
" !  Kiss

The Shadow  Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print