Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Question about .gho files location (Read 5623 times)
dan
Ex Member

Question about .gho files location
Oct 14th, 2008 at 10:56pm

I have a question about the location of the .gho files. I did not see in the guide where to place the .gho files. After looking at the suggested folder structure, I'm guessing that the .gho files that I want to restore with the bootable DVD are to be placed in the "Boot Image" folder (Below). I just wanted to confirm before I try this out.

Thanks!

C:\Bootable CD Project
        |_Boot Image <-------
        |_Downloads
        |      |_Mouse (Microsoft)
        |      |_Win98se OEM Boot Disk
        |      |_WinImage
        |_Extracted Files
        |_WinImage

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Question about .gho files location
Reply #1 - Oct 17th, 2008 at 12:42am

@
 dan

Quote:
I'm guessing that the .gho files that I want to restore with the bootable DVD are to be placed in the "Boot Image" folder

No--you're mis-reading the instructions--that folder structure was recommended for where to place the downloaded files needed to create the bootable optical disc.

That file structure is not placed on the boot disc--it's on your HDD preparing to create the disc.

If you want to save a image file to the bootable DVD, then you would at the time of creating the disc--as an additional step using your CD mastering program that is also making the boot disc--you would add the ghost image files to the *data* portion the the disc--not to the boot sector you have created.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print