Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A silent install (Read 2086 times)
tym
N00b

I Love Radified!

A silent install
Oct 17th, 2008 at 4:13pm

I use norton ghost 2003. IMHO hands down the best. I also have nlite and make my own restore disk.

I have been working for a couple of weeks trying to figure out how to install ghost 2003 silently. I found the web pages with the switches.

I have it so it will install with programs with nlite. Still requires interacton.  I have even hit a few forums just to see if someone smarter than me could make it for me, No luck. I have norton ghost 2003.793

So my question is any ideas how to make it, or is it even possible, and If someone has already done with sucess can it be shared I apoligize if that is not allowed. Hope you guys can help.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: A silent install
Reply #1 - Oct 18th, 2008 at 9:12am

@
 tym

So, not entirely sure what you're wanting to do--I thought *NLite* is used to create an unattended install of the Windows installation routine from an installation CD--can it be used to also install other programs, besides Windows, during the installation routine so other outside programs are added?

I think most companies that create a Windows OS that have other programs (other than the basic OS you get when using Microsoft's installation disc) pre-installed, are probably installing the OS on a system, then installing the various programs they want to add, and then using an imaging program to transfer that baseline image to as many other HDD's as needed that are placed in those systems.  

All the restore functions that I've seen on systems the will take one's system back to the original installation as it came from the factory seem to be using an imaging program's restore function of an image--not of a customized Windows installation disc.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print