Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Attn Rad Moderators. Do you have access to...?? (Read 8974 times)
Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Attn Rad Moderators. Do you have access to...??
Dec 9th, 2008 at 6:47pm

Hi Mods.

First of all, thanks for being a Rad Moderator It helps me sleep better at night knowing I am not the only one on the look out for deviants & trolls .. which we have had problems with before.

Anyway, in conversations (PMs) with Christer today, the question about your moderating privileges came up.

Do you have access to thread-locking and thread-moving functions .. and the like?  

What mod privileges do you have?

Christer's seem to come-n-go.

With subsequent/recent upgrades of YaBB, there's a chance these might've been lost.

Thanks,
Rad

IP Logged

Christer
Übermensch

Sweden

Re: Attn Rad Moderators. Do you have access to...??
Reply #1 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 7:37am

Hello fellow Mods and Rad!

In our PM exchange, Rad asked if I had tried a different browser. I have tried IE7 and FF3 in the context of printing to Adobe PDF but I didn't remember the situation on moderating tools on RADIFIED. Therefore I did the following:

Verified that there were no moderating tools on IE6.

Installed FF3 and checked for moderating tools. There were none.

Restored an Image of the system with IE7 and checked for moderating tools. The below is what was available:

In each sub-forum, an additional column labeled "Admin" with check-boxes. On all pages below the topics list, these moderating tools:
  • Lock/Unlock
  • Hide
  • Remove
  • Move to: (and a drop-down-menu)

In each topic on all pages below the bottom post, these moderating tools:
  • Remove
  • Open window to Move
  • Split or Splice topics
  • Lock/Unlock
  • Hide
  • Remove Selected

In each post at the top, a check-box and these moderating tools:
  • Mark & Quote (available to non-moderators as well, I think)
  • Quote (available to non-moderators as well, I think)
  • Modify (available to non-moderators as well, I think)
  • Split this topic starting with this message as the first message in a new topic (not in the first post, the topic starter)
  • Remove

Next, I restored an Image of the system with IE6 and when I checked, to my surprise, the moderating tools were there ... Huh ... !

This prompted me to, once again install FF3. No price to the winner who guessed that the moderating tools were there ... Shocked ... !

I cleaned out all TIF's, cookies and history in IE6 and FF3. Relogged in to RADIFIED in both browsers and the moderating tools were still there. I can't figure out what (if anything) I do to make them disappear ... Embarrassed ... !

I don't know what's going on but it seems like we can't blame this on IE6. Maybe, Rad not only has moderators to assist but also gremlins ... Undecided ... ?

Christer

Old chinese proverb:
If I hear - I forget, If I see - I remember, If I do - I understand

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Reply #2 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 10:58am

@
 Rad

Quote:
With subsequent/recent upgrades of YaBB, there's a chance these might've been lost.

Long time ago--can't remember exactly--I think it was the first time you did a forum software upgrade--and several of the moderators reported that they had *lost* the moderator functions--the resolution was to log off and then back on to re-establish your forum *cookie* that apparently also ID's you as having moderator privileges.

If I log onto the forum from another computer from a different location (IP address), and later open the forum from my home computer--I appear to be logged in--the forum says *Welcome, Nightowl*, but my moderator functions are not available until I re-log in to establish my credentials from that location vs the other location.

@
 Christer

Could it be that you were forced to log in for the first time after the recent forum software upgrade when you started trying different browsers?

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Christer
Übermensch

Sweden

Reply #3 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 11:27am

Hello NightOwl,

Quote:
Could it be that you were forced to log in for the first time after the recent forum software upgrade when you started trying different browsers?

I don't keep track of the forum software upgrades and don't know when the most recent one occurred. I have restored a few images the past week and that clears all my cookies, forcing me to log in "everywhere".

It could be connected to logging in on RADIFIED from other computers, which I occasionally do. I don't understand, though, how a cookie on my computer can be changed (or expire) from using a different computer.

I'll try to be observant enough to notice when the tools vanish again.

Christer

Old chinese proverb:

IP Logged

MrMagoo
Übermensch

Resident Linux Guru

Phoenix, AZ (USA)

Reply #4 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 1:56pm

Yeah, my tools disappear occasionally.  Logging off and back on seems to resolve it.

IP Logged

Christer
Übermensch

Sweden

Reply #5 - Dec 12th, 2008 at 5:19pm

I'm posting this from a different computer (at my flying club) with a differnt IP address. After logging in, I have all the moderating tools and can't wait to get back home to find out what's happened.

Christer

Old chinese proverb:

IP Logged

Christer
Übermensch

Sweden

Reply #6 - Dec 13th, 2008 at 9:58am

I'm back home and opened RADIFIED forums. I was still logged in but had no admin tools. NightOwl and MrMagoo are right that logging out and in again is necessary to get the admin tools back.

Mystery solved ... Smiley ... !

Christer

Old chinese proverb:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print