Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Problem Making Ghost 2003 Bootable CD (Read 7308 times)
artesian79
Gnarly

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Problem Making Ghost 2003 Bootable CD
Jan 4th, 2009 at 5:52pm

I followed NightOwls's instructions (THANKS), but my CD writing software is Sonic Record Now Version 7 that was shipped with my Dell.  The disk doesn't boot.  I've made sure the CD player is first in the boot list in BIOS.  I don't get errors, the system eventually just boots from the HD.

I did not find lots of the options listed in the Guide (ie. File type etc.).  I did have the option to make the disk bootable.

Has anyone used SOnic Record now to make a bootable disk?  In their help section is says some functions may not be available in the version included, but it didn't say which, and the make bootable was an option.

Is there freeware that would write this for me? Cry

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Problem Making Ghost 2003 Bootable CD
Reply #1 - Jan 4th, 2009 at 6:13pm

artesian79,

I suggest the trial version of UltraISO.

http://www.ezbsystems.com/ultraiso/

Start UltraISO, File, New, Bootable CD/DVD Image. Navigate to your .IMA file. Open.
Tools, Burn CD/DVD Image. Burn.

Did it work?

IP Logged

artesian79
Gnarly

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Jan 4th, 2009 at 6:45pm

Yes it did!  Thank you very much.

IP Logged

Lee B
Gnarly

I Love Radified!

Hatboro, PA 19040

Reply #3 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 4:59pm

As I recall, that Dell version of Sonic will not allow you to burn a disk from an image like you were probably trying to do.  I sort of like sonic, and I sort of hate them because their software is visually appealling but I get some error messages and things like no way to burn from an image unless I "upgrade."

Lee

IP Logged

TheShadow
Kahuna

Old Ghost user!

Florida, USA

Reply #4 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 8:12am

Years ago, I was getting one coaster after another, using the software that came with my 2x (external) CD read/write drive.
I consulted with a professional CD duplicator and his reply was just one word, "Nero".  I bought that first copy of NERO from Ahead Software and I've been an avid supporter of Nero burning rom software, ever since.
Google for "Nero Micro" and just see what's available.
I'm running it and I just love it. Wink

Recently I found a very simple little CD burning program called "ImgBurn" that is 100% FREE.  NO trials, no demos, and NO COST, ever.
It's the easiest program I've ever seen for burning an .ISO to a CD.
So simple a 'cave man' could do it. Wink Roll Eyes Grin Grin Grin
And, did I mention, it's absolutely FREE.
Google it, download it, install it and run it.
Here is the opening menu from 'ImgBurn'.

As for making boot CD's from a boot Floppy, I find nothing any simpler than Nero itself.  It can take the contents of a bootable floppy or flash drive and burn it to a CD in just one operation.

Life at the computer gets so much simpler and more fun, when you have the proper software. Wink

Cheers Mates!
Shadow  Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print